Chapter 1-Developing Feelings

Cyrus's POV
What am I feeling? This is not the right time to develop feelings! Ugh I can't talk to him like this! This is a really bad time!
The police officer had already talked to me and told me that TJ had already told them about the gun. He had ditched Reed and Lester after I had left. Luckily he didn't get in trouble, he just got a warning. But Lester and Reed weren't as lucky considering they were the ones that shot the gun and Reed was the one that stole it from his dad! They got suspended from school and they got grounded by their parents for a really long time. Their parents also yelled at them. That's what the police officer told me. I wasn't in trouble either. I had only gotten a warning just like TJ did. And now I'm in bed thinking about the night before, when I was hanging out with TJ. I really liked hanging out with him and I found myself thinking about it daily! And that's when it hit me. I was beginning to have feelings for TJ Kippen!

TJ's POV
After Cyrus had left, I decided the safest thing was to get out of there and convince Lester and Reed to go with me as well. "I'm gonna go", I had said. "Ok, leave. We don't need you here anyways. We're just here to have some fun!" Reed said. "I think you should leave too! What if something happens?" I said. "Dude chill! Nothing is going to happen! I've shot this gun many times! I'm a pro at it!" Reed proudly said. "Lester?" I asked wanting him to come too. He simply shook his head no. I took off and told the police. They showed up at the school and questioned me. Luckily me and Cyrus didn't get in trouble. Lester and Reed did. Although I was feeling sorry for them, I made the right decision! They're not my friends anymore. They got mad at me for telling the police and ended our friendship. Weirdly enough, I didn't care! I still had Cyrus as a friend and that's what mattered the most. I texted him and asked him if we were all right and he said yes. I am so happy that we are still friends. Although I would be even happier if we were more than friends. Ever since the swings, he has been there for me! We talked about our feelings and we didn't have any secrets! Except for the fact that I like him! Other than that, no secrets. Reed and Lester never talked about their feelings. When I talked about how I felt, they just laughed! I didn't dare to tell them about my dyscalculia! The only people that know about this is Cyrus and Buffy and maybe even Andi. I found myself thinking about Cyrus more and more. Every time I saw him or even talked to him, I felt butterflies in my stomach! But I know that he doesn't feel the same way. If I told him how I felt, then our friendship would break and then I wouldn't have him as a friend! I couldn't risk our friendship! I just couldn't!