11

"Olivia?" I called. We were now just chilling at her house.

"Yes?" she answered looking at me. Cameron also looked at me.

"I have to tell you guys something important. Please don't interrupt. It's really important to me and you are the first person I'm telling this to." I say looking at both of them.

"Ok, I won't interrupt." Olivia replied and Cameron nodded his head.

I took a deep breath and started telling them my story. " When I was about 12 years old, I got diagnosed with KLS. It stands for Kleine-Levin Syndrome and it's a rare complex neurological disorder. I have periods of excessive amount of sleep and if I'm in one of my episodes, I'll probably sleep all day and all night.

One episode lasts days, weeks, or even months, which is why people also call it the Sleeping Beauty Syndrome. They don't know what causes KLS so I basically have no cure. When I'm not in one of my episodes, I have perfect health. Thats why the school kids all hate me, because Im disabled.

And to make it even worse, I was in a car accident 2 years ago. I lost my parents and my unborn brother, Kirby, right away and my 6 years old sister, Mia, was in a coma for three months, before she joined the rest of my family.
Since I had no other family here, I got put into a foster home, and Ms. Brooks adopted me. That's why we don't have the same last name.

Mom works so hard to take care of me, and balancing her job and he social life, while I can't give her anything else, in return." I finish, breaking into sobs. I have never told my whole story to someone. And even of I did, I never expected them to listen to me.

"I'm so sorry" Olivia says speechless. She didn't say much, but I knew she felt sorry for me.

"Oh, It will be alright Emma. Things will get better soon, and if Isabella tries to bully you, she has to go through me first!" Cameron pulls me into a big hug.

That is when I knew that I made my first best friends. Things are going to be better, now that Olivia and Cameron are both by my side. And there is a slight possibility that I won't hate school as much as I used to...

***

This is the last chapter of The Project

Thank you all so much for reading!