XXXVI

*Ngl I think this is my most favorite picture of all lol ^*

——————————

Hermione's P.O.V. :

My shoes clicked on the tile as I walked. Alex followed behind me, jogging to keep up with me. One look at the scowl on my face and people moved out of our way like I was Moses and they were the Red Sea. I walked straight towards the large double doors at the end of the hallway, walking straight past the elevators. I was heading to the Minister's Office.

And I was not in a pleasant mood.

Not a minute or two after lunch had an owl pecked on Draco's window, grabbing my attention seeing as I was just about to lock up and leave. I was going to just put the letter on the table and leave, but when I saw the Ministry stamp, my curiosity got the best of me. My blood boiled when I read that they wanted to double the charge and have the money sent in by Wednesday instead. After that, I went to the office to see if anyone was available to come with me to the Ministry for half an hour. Alex was the only one who wasn't busy at the time so I grabbed him by the arm and disapperated us to the Ministry, giving him specific instructions to stop me if I start to do something I regret.

Clutching the piece of parchment in my hand I yanked the door open. I tried to walk past the annoying secretary who claimed that the Minister was busy.

"Move," I said in a firm tone, not in the mood. She finally budged as I shoved past her and opened the doors.

I crossed my arms and stood a little taller before coughing loudly startling Tabitha and the minister, Joseph, out of their make-out session.

Tabitha stood up from his lap and tugged her skirt back down a little. "What is it you want Granger?" she sneered.

I smiled sweetly, hiding a sneer of my own. I then spoke, my voice hard and forceful.

"I would just like to inform the both of you that I will be speaking with the Wizengamot Administration Services to discuss a date for the trial regarding the Ministry Overcharging Malfoy Industries on taxes. I should hope you know that Overcharging is illegal. You both will attend, seeing as you are both prime suspects to this ordeal. Noncooperation would make you both look guilty so it is in your best interest to attend."

He stands up, face turning red with anger, "Who are you to come in here and-"

I interrupted him and walk up to his desk, my voice became deadly calm and cold, "Now you listen to me."

I watched in satisfaction as Tabitha took a couple steps back and the Minister shrank back down into his chair.

"I hope you both enjoy having an office because I am going to make sure that those days are limited and are about to end? I don't give a donkey's arse who you are because you are causing a great man a lot of grief and I am putting my foot down once and for all. I'll have your jobs for this, both of you."

"Wh- Who ar-are you?" he asked quietly.

I grinned and venom laced my voice, "I'm Hermione Granger. Learn it. Remember it. And get used to hearing it. Because I can assure you that you will see me at that trial and that I, Minister, will be bringing Hell with me."

I spun around and walked towards the exit, leaving two very pale faced people as I slammed the door after Alex and I.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was completely silent between the two of us as we exited the Minister's office. As we walk into the empty elevator, I push level two and look up to see Alex fighting to keep a straight face.