A Princess Forgotten Part 1

(No one's POV)

The war was over...finally. 4 years of misery that was laid upon Angielle by the late queen Hildyr had finally come to an end. However, the queen's daughter, Lucette, was so distraught by her mother's death that, at the age 13, she ran away from her father, her castle, her kingdom, her home, and hasn't been seen in over 5 years until today. That, my friends, is where our story begins, on a cool fall day at the town square of Angielle.

(Lucette's POV)

Loud. Everything is so...loud. The plaza was buzzing with activity with dozens of people weaving their way in and out of station after station trying to find a deal or bargain. Wives carry their baskets away to their starving children while husbands argue and bargain with each other like barbarians.

I'm not here for any of those things, however, I am here to execute a job and get paid so I can live until the next month. My isabelline eyes scanned the crowd searching for my target, Prince Rod of Angielle. Apparently, after my brutish mother passed away my father remarried a woman named Ophelia who had to children Emelaigne, who is now Crown Princess, and Rod, who gets no special title because of being born later than his sister.

"The Royal carriage!" A woman cried pointing down the street and towards the albicant and cerulean carriage descending down the road.

Perfect. I walked with the crowd keeping myself tucked in the back as the entire royal family stepped out from the carriage and waved at the crowd surrounding them. The king, Genaro, gave a wide smile and scanned the crowd as if he wanted to make sure he saw each person in it.

Ducking my head down, I bit my lip and stared down at my brown knee-high laced boots that my black leggings tucked into accentuating my long-limbed body.

Leggings led to a dark gray long sleeved shirt that hung just below my collarbones. The only thing hiding my identity was a black hood that connected to a jacket that only hung down to my waist.

The only things I had to do the job was a black hilted sword that was attached tightly around my hips and two blades that were tucked inside the sleeves of her shirt, which could be shot out at will. (Assassins Creed)

I glanced up and eyes followed the royal family and my target as the crowd disappeared and moved on to new and more exciting things.

Following the target, I stayed hidden in the crowd scrunching my eyes up in confusion when the family went inside an old run down building and disappeared inside. What? Stalking towards the building, a wave of...something....stopped me in my tracks. Magic....powerful magic. Maybe my fellow bearer?

I shook my head and continued my way to the building where a thin translucent bubble surrounded it about 5 feet away. A glamour....Cautiously putting my foot through the barrier, I waited to see if any side affects would....well affect me.

Oh thank god. I slowly stepped through the bubble and with a sigh of relief, stalked to the wooden door. People talking and laughing filled my ears as I leaned against the door and listened in.

A meet and great. Well, might as well blend in. Opening the door a crack, I peered inside only to see dozens of people at tables eating and laughing with each other as friends.

A motel perhaps. I opened the door completely and stepped inside, closing the door behind me with my heel as I walked towards the center of the room. My target seemed to be introducing his family to a lady with shoulder length soft pink hair, pale skin, and a tired smile.

The Lucius Bearer...no this is going to be more difficult than I thought. Scanning the area I spotted two knights a dark haired boy and a blonde girl, a plum haired women with a sarcastic smirk, a witch probably, a man dressed as a women with elegant long red hair, a dirty blonde with glasses flirting with a group of gullible and desperate women, and....a young boy with black hair, a sweet but strained smile, and....ruby red eyes. Why...why does he look so familiar. Something of my mother's doing.

I shook my head and eyed the stairs that led to a giant window which connect to the woods behind the motel. Escape route check. Clicking the eject on my wrists, the knives pushed out as I stalked towards the family keeping my head down.

"Now what do you think you're doing?" A voice called out as a hand grabbed my shoulder.

I froze in place and glanced around the room....everyone was looking at me. Oh no....the hand grabbing my shoulder twisted me around so I was facing my 'capturer' only to be face to face with a young man with silver hair, tan skin, and yellow eyes. The other knight! How could I miss that?!

"Miss, I'm still looking for an answer on too why you were walking towards his majesty and his family with daggers attached to your wrists."

"Well, I just wanted to talk with his majesty and the family. I mean, this IS a meet and greet, right?" I replied back with a hopefully innocent smile.

"Mmmhhm, then why the daggers?" The man said grabbing my arm and lifting my wrist up so everyone could see.

"Well you see- " I twisted my arm out of his grip and kicked him in the knee then kneed him in the groin before backing up and sending him stumbling to the ground with a kick to the side of his head. "-I'm here to finish a job."

The knights from earlier rose from their seats and unsheathed their swords along with the red haired cross dresser.  "So you're throwing two mediocre knights and a cross dresser at me?" I rolled my eyes before unsheathing by own sword. "Well come on then,"

Timeskip

The swordsmen and woman's swords fell to the ground as they collapsed to their knees gasping desperately for breath. Cracking my neck, I spun on my heel and faced the remaining crowd with a smirk.

"Are y'all gonna keep coming or can I just kill the prince and finish my job?"

After a few seconds of silence, the pink haired woman stepped up and spoke, "I can sense strong magic coming off of you.....magic like mine."

I shrugged and twirled the sword in my hand before planting the tip to the ground and leant over it.

"You-you're the Tenebraun bearer....aren't you...? You're Hildyr's daughter Lucette." The woman said with wide eyes.

I flinched at the name of my mother and repressed a shiver before taking a deep breath and gave the woman a cold glare.

"And what does it matter if she was?"

Genaro gasped and stared at me as I took my hood off my head let my hair loose. The hair that was the same color as my mother's.

"Lucette.....you realize that Rod is your brother, right?" The lady interrupted my father's stares as he blinked out of the daze.

"Yes, I am very aware of that. I just don't care, I don't know him so why should I?" I replied back regrouping my sword in my hand and started stalking towards the small group.

At my advances the young boy with ruby eyes spoke up, "Do....do you remember me at all?"

He sounds so sad.....but so hopeful...I sighed and bit my lip before replying, "I don't REMEMBER you per say but I do recognize you,"

The boy's eyes shun with hope once again and he smiled an actual real smile before his eyes widened its shock.

"Lucette look out!" A voice called out before a felt an arm around my waist and a slamming force against my head and I fell into darkness.