Ever-after end prt. 2

"Mom! I'm 27 I think I'm perfectly capable of tying my own tie." I tell my mother whose worrying over the stupid tie wrapped around my neck.
"Oh Grayson, I'm just so proud of you! I can't believe you're going to take over your fathers business."
I laugh and give her a hug "I'm surprised dad wanted to retire."

"I'm surprised he's giving it to you." My mom says with a wink.
"Mom, he's not giving it to me. I worked hard to learn how to manage and control this company I have be-

"I know honey, I was just joking." Mom pats me on the back. "Ok you fathers waiting, let's go."
We start walking and halfway down the hallway my sister finally decides to show up.
"Hey big bro, you ready to be a multi billionaire?" She says while walking along side mom and me.
I roll my eyes at her and continue walking.
Walking into my fathers office I see him seated at his desk. He gives me a grin before motioning for all of us to sit.
"Hello son."
I nod my head "father."
I look around and realize there are no other men that have partnerships with this company. They are suppose to vote me in.
"What's going on?" I say.
He gives me a smile. "You have been working non stop for 15 years of your life to take over this business. You hardly had a normal teenagers life, and haven't had any time for a romantic life."
I start to argue but realize quick fucks weren't really something I wanted to tell my father. Instead I say "get to the point."
"You are cold not very compassionate some might say ruthless. The other men have agreed with me that you need someone along side you through this business to be loving when you...can't."

"Dad, I am fine I know how to run a business I can do this."

"I know but it's not just running a business from the office it's about going to banquets and getting more customers. You're not the friendliest of people. The council members and I have agreed not to vote you in unless we can find a woman for you to marry."

I'm sure my father can see the anger running through my face.
"Colton, no! We never discussed this!" My mother says. Dad gives her a look that says they will talk later.
"You especially should know arranged marriages are not the best." I tell him

"You are not in the same situation as me and your mom were. We had bad parents, you don't. Your mother ended up being the best thing that happened to me and you should find a girl like that. We can hold interviews to see what girl would fit you best."

My mother says through gritted teeth "well I won't be apart of this. I'm going home." She stands up and gives Dad a glare "and you will sleep on the couch tonight."

Lana, my sister, who's next to me laughs until dad shuts her up with a glare.

"Ok...well big bro, I call being your best man when oh get "married" she laughs to herself before getting up and hugging dad. "I'm leaving but I call sitting in on the interviews when you make them."

"What makes you think I'll agree to this." I ask her in a monotone voice.

"I know you will. You love the company too much."

She's right.

Ok officially done with this book. I hope you enjoyed reading it. Thank you for all the support.

Comment if you want me to make a second book having to do with Grayson.

Vote
Like
Comment