27 (M!!)

I sit on the couch, bringing my knees to my stomach and hugging them close to where I could bury my face into them

I sit on the couch, bringing my knees to my stomach and hugging them close to where I could bury my face into them. I didn't really know what to feel at the moment, other than being anxious.

I wanted to know for sure that my father was going to be okay but the doctor told me to be patient.

Cade offered to stay with me yesterday and I thought that was the best thing for me, he always knew how to make me feel better.

Earlier today, we took my sisters to my grandparent's house so they could be taken care of properly. I knew they were all deeply upset about it too, but they really seemed to adore Cade. Which that's good news.

I texted Tatiana and told her I'll probably not be at school for a little bit. She told me she would stop by everyday so she could give me missing work and Keegan said he would come in the morning and take my work.

I also texted Franki since he called and told me he was was worried. I had to rant to him the news and he said that he would be keeping his prayers for my dad. Nonnie of course, was blowing up my phone. I didn't really want to talk to her but I also told her what happened. I mean my dad was basically her dad too.

Cade left just now to take a shower and when I heard the water running, I couldn't help but to want one too.

I slowly make my way up from the couch and stop, looking around the silent house. My sisters would be running around here, playing tag in the house even though papa would keep telling them no. They would loop around me and sometimes I joined in, as well as dad. Now it just... empty in here, the warmth is gone and it made me feel unsettled so I continued on.

I make my way upstairs and I walk down the hall to where the bathroom was, it was on the left side with my sister's shared room while the guest room and my room on the right, my dad's room at the very end of the hall. I bring myself to the bathroom door and I hear the water much more clearly.

I stare down at the knob before then opening the door. The fog from the hot water touched my skin, making it uncomfortably moist. I could see Cade's shadow on the shower curtain and I lightly blush. I just want to hug him and never let go.

I smile to myself as I discard my jacket and long sleeve shirt. I continue by pushing off my jeans down to my ankles. The air makes me shiver and I step out of them.

I push my clothes on top of his with my foot when I finish taking my underwear off and I shyly hug my body before walking over to the tub. I place my hand on the shower curtain and I pull it to the left to open it.

This makes Cade notice me and he backs up, rather surprised at me. "Pepper..."

"Can I come in? It's cold out here." I ask.

"Uh, yeah, here..." Cade takes my hand and gently pulls me in, the hot water immediately falling on to my body. I sigh happily and I look up at him, smiling.