II

"You're amazing. Thank you Emmy." She smiles, kissing my forehead.

I rub my eyes, trying to get the past out of head. I cant keep living like this. I walk over to the bathroom, washing my face and brushing my teeth. I throw on a random outfit and head out.

Only place that I can think right now is the grocery store.

My phone blows up with notifications but I ignore it everyday. I cant remember the last time I used social media. My days just consists of sleeping. But there's always one day out of the whole week that I look forward to.

Tuesday.

I still watch him. And his videos. The only thing that can put a smile on my face.

I park into the lot and get out of my care. I plug in my headphones walking into the store. I decided to buy some mac n cheese and make it at home.

Try doing something productive.

I walk into the aisle, my head hanging low. I stare at my feet continuing to walk until I bump into a hard wall. But what felt more like a hard body.

"Ow," I rub my forehead.

"I am so sorry," I feel two hands on my shoulder, and hear a familiar voice.

It couldn't be.

It can't be.

Please don't be.

Him.

My eyes slowly rise, meeting his. His hands let go of my sides, and fall down to his.

I wasn't sure what to do. What do I do?

Talk you moron.

How can I talk? What would I say? 'Hey we haven't talked or seen each other in three months because I cheated on you, how've you been?'

No, just say sorry.

I didn't have the balls to do that. But somehow the words stumbled out.

"Sorry," I whisper, averting my eyes elsewhere, and quickly walking past him.

My eyes quickly search for the Kraft box through the shelves.

They spot the box and I grab two, walking out of the aisle. I felt relieved, that I was out of there. But I felt like shit, that I saw him.

I pay for both of my items and head back to my car.

And that's when I had the crazy idea.

I need to get my mind off of things.

I need some company.

I need a friend.

I need a source of comfort.

I need someone I can talk to and will understand.

I need someone who will give me joy.

I need a dog.