18

emma's pov.

I hear a loud knock on my door, causing me to shake a little.

What the fuck.

I slowly walk towards the door and look through the peep hole. To see Ethan. You've got to be fucking kidding me.

I decide not to answer it, maybe he'll think i'm not home.

I quietly walk back to my couch and sit waiting for him to leave, but I hear two more loud knocks.

"Emma?"

Fuck. Can he leave?

After a few minutes I don't hear anything causing me to finally breathe out. He left.

Then my phone rings.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck Emma turn it off!

I turn the ringer off and see the caller ID is Ethan.

"Emma, I know you're in there! Please just open the door I need to talk to you."

I facepalm myself for actually doing this. I drag myself across the room and finally open the door.

"What, Ethan?"

"I know you probably hate me, because you think I cheated on you with Kristina. But I swear I didn't. On everything."

"What makes you think i'm gonna believe that?" I scoff. He mumbles something under his breath, but I don't know what he says.

"What?"

"Grayson is dating Kristina." He finally blurts.

________________________________

Within ten minutes, Ethan explained everything to me. About Kristina, Grayson, him, me.

"Ethan, if you think this is gonna change my mind about us together, it's not." I sigh.

"What?! Why!" He yells standing up.

"Ethan, even before Kristina, you left me. Alone. Those three months were the worst of my life. You never once asked me. You never tried fixing shit. You never asked! You left me without an expla-" I tru finishing my sentence but I choke on my tears.

I hate crying in front of others. It's sucha weakness. I probably look like such a pussy right now. I look back up to see if he's still there. His eyes hold confusion, but also anger, which doesn't make sense to me.

"Well you didn't really let me explain for Kristina either now did you?"

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I quickly wipe my tears, now that i'm mad.

"I didn't let you explain? I tried. But when I got to your house, wanna know who opened the fucking door? Kris motherfucking tina that's who. That bitch is always at your damn place! Why? You were with her again. And you're now here begging to be with me again? How dumb do you think I am? You're so fucking low Ethan Dolan, you really are." I finally take a breath for a moment after my long rant. He deserved to hear it. After all he's put me through.

"I wasn't even home when you came! Grayson told me you came over and then left. I was out grocery shopping. She was over for Grayson, not me!" He yells.

"Just get out," I whisper.

"What?"

"Just get out Ethan!" I yell louder for him to hear. "I cant keep putting myself through this. Putting you through this! Anytime we try doing us it never works! Cant you see? It wont work. We won't work! This relationship is just too toxic. I'm sorry but we just can't," I start crying and I sit down on the couch, with my head in my hands.

"You don't, really think that? Do you?" He says walking closer. I just nod my head, not being able to speak.

"We can try. Emma, we can make this work I know we can. How hard could it be?"

"Ethan we've tried several times. Something keeps getting in the way, whether it's Derek or Kristina or our fans! It's always something. We should just forget about this. We should just stay friends, and forget we ever had feelings. We'll lose them eventually. We'll find somebody new we'll move on we'll grow and learn." I explain.

"I don't want anyone else Emma! I want you, only you! I don't want to move on and grow and learn if you're not by my side, it's only you," at this point he's kneeling on the ground next to me, with tears threatening to spill out of his eyes.

"I'm sorry Ethan. We just can't," I scoot further away trying as best as I can to cover my crying mess.

"What're you saying?" He whispers.

"I'm saying you should go."