5 HOME.

~~•SEAN'S POV•~~

             After dropping the guys at their various destinations, I drove home only to meet my dad's car at the parking lot. The presence of his car even without seeing him was making me angry the more. It has been over a year since I last saw him,the only thing he does as a father is to send me my monthly allowance which I can survive well without it. It is not that I need his money,presence or attention because he is the one that destroyed the happy family I had and dreamt of having.

                 My mind drifted back to fifteen years ago, before that time I thought that I had the best family ever not knowing that my dad was cheating on me and mum . I was ten years old when I lost my Mum to dad's carelessness. It was as if my world fell apart. I went out with nannies to places I should have gone to with my mother.

               I was seven years old when dad introduced another woman to me as my second mum. I remember clearly how my mum broke down when she received the news,our once happy home turned to a place for cat and rat.

                After my Mum's recovery, she and my dad fought day and night. At the end of the day she accepted her fate and Anita came to live in my parents' house.The moment she packed in my father's attention became divided and when Anita gave birth, the attention was gone completely.

              A year later a man who I later learnt was Anita's husband took me, my Mum, Anita and her baby hostage and right in my presence he put a bullet through my mother's head then we heard the sound of the siren and he ran away. He killed my innocent mother and left the cause of our problems alone.

                According to my dad, Steven wanted to get back at him because of Anita that he took away from him. Since then things became worse for me.The only people that stood by my side were my friends,no one else not even Jenny knows anything about what happened.

                  I got into the leaving room only to see my Dad, Anita and Jimmy my half brother.

                "Hi" I made my way to the stairs.
              "Come back here this very moment Ade."(that's my native name as a Yoruba boy) My dad shouted.

          "You don't have what it takes to call me that name dad,only Mum does and she is gone."I turned back to face him.

          "Ade, have you gotten too old to realise that I am your dad and that you don't "Hi" me, you greet me by prostrating the way a son should greet a father."

           "That's if the father has really been a father,maybe you should tell Anita to help you check the meaning of that word in the dictionary." He looked at me as if to murder me.

        "Sean, I am your mother too, so show me some respect as well as your father." I looked at her and all the bitter memories came flooding back to me.

        "Anita you were never my Mum and you wouldn't be, so spare me all the emotions."
          I was becoming angry the more. What right do they have to the extent of comparing themselves to my priceless jewel. Dad couldn't fight for Mum, he didn't even try to get the devil that killed mum behind bars. My Mum lost her life all because of the devil incarnate.

          I left both of them downstairs and went to my room to take few things I needed then, I was back at the pavement when I came across my dad.

          "Dad, how many days are you spending here?"

         "Ade we would leave by tomorrow and.............." I was in a hurry, any more time I might say something I was going to regret.