You Belong With Me

Author's Note: Shout out to BellaSH13. Thanks for the help.

Clary

Alec and Magnus are having a Christmas party. Jace should be here soon. Izzy's been telling me to talk to him about my feelings, but he has a girlfriend and he's happy with her. To put it bluntly, he isn't interested in me. I bet he's even going to bring her to the party.

I hear footsteps approach. "Clary, come on, have some fun," Izzy urges me. I put on my best fake smile and follow her to the games.

"Clary, join us," Magnus says, gesturing to pictionary. I slowly walk toward Alec, Magnus, Simon, and Izzy, and sit on the couch. Magnus is up. He draws a horizontal line. Then a circle in the middle.

"Sunset!" I shout excited.

"Yes," Magnus smiles.

"I was going to guess the net of a cylinder," Alec comments. What? Where does he even.....okay Alec, you do you....or Magnus.

I walk upto the paper and think. Hmmmm, I don't want to make it too easy, but it still has to be guessable....A teddy bear. I face the paper and begin drawing a rough outline of Mr. Munchkins.

"Duck," Izzy guesses. Have I mentioned my teddy bear was slighly deformed?

"Cow," Alec guesses. I keep my head facing the paper and continue drawing.

"Teddy bear," I hear someone say. I turn around to see Jace standing my the door. He must've just gotten here.....

"Yeah," I smile.

"Mr. Munchkins to be exact," Jace smirks. He got me Mr. Munchkins when we were 6 for a birthday present..... I blush slightly.

"You're up Jace," Izzy giggles. Knowing Izzy, she's probably thinking about how Jace must love me because he guessed pictionary right. A strange one she is....

I notice Kaelie isn't here. Maybe she had to work.... "Jace, where's Kaelie?" Alec asks being blunt.

"We....broke up," Jace responds. Awwww, he must be hurting...... "She cheated on me and I caught her.....in our bedroom.....on our bed."

"Oh, I'm sorry man," Alec comments. Izzy has a smile on her face and gives me a thumbs up. Is she serious right now?

Jace turns to the board and draws. There are two horizontal lines and two vertical lines, making a rectangle. On the inside, he starts writing numbers and letters. Algebra? Math? Paper? Math homework! "Math homework!" I blurt. Jace turns around and looks at me.

"Y..yeah," Jace confirms. I smirk and take the pen from him. A few hours later, I decide to go home.

"I'll drive you home," Jace says, stopping me at the door.

"It's only a short walk," I reply.

"But it's cold out, why do you think I drove?" Jace asks sarcastically.

"Okay, thank you," I concede.

"Clary!" Izzy shouts. I stop. "Look up." I look at the ceiling to find mistletoe. Great.......

Jace is also standing under it. He smiles at me. "It is tradition," Jace whispers gently.

"No, I think I'd rather kiss a frog," I lie convincingly. Jace's smile falters for a microsecond before it's back on his handsome face.

"I've been called worse," Jace responds. Really? Why does he make this harder than it has to be? It's not as if I'm going to kiss him and then he'll fall in love with me. It would just he a taste of something I'll never have......Time to get creative.

"I'm not having my first kiss under the mistletoe," I explain. Jace seems shocked. "Don't you dare say a word." With that, I turn around and walk out the door, fully intending to walk home. Jace comes running after me.

"I'm sorry Clary, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable or hurt you," Jace sincerely apologizes.

"It's okay," I smile.

"Let me make it upto you. I'll drive you home and make us dinner," Jace offers.

"Sure, I could eat," I comment. I sit in Jace's passenger seat and Jace gets in the driver seat.

5 Minutes Later

Jace and I go get out of his car. I dig my keys out and unlock my door. Jace races to the kitchen and looks at the refrigerator. I follow behind him. "I'll make everything. You just relax in the living room," Jace says. I nod, too tired to argue. I grab the couch blanket and turn on a Christmas movie.

Jace shakes me awake. I must've dozed off. I open my eyes and sit up. "How long was I out?" I ask sleepily.

"About an hour. Dinner's ready. I thought we could watch the movie you fell asleep to after," Jace responds.

"Okay, that sounds nice," I comment. I sit at the breakfast nook and Jace brings the plates to me.

"Chicken parmesan," I smile. "Thank you." I hug him and he chuckles. Way to be a freak Clary.... I pull away.

"I'm sorry," I blush.

"It's okay," Jace assures me. We eat in a comfortable silence. Then, Jace loads the dishwasher while I put the leftovers away. We sit on the couch and start the movie. I cuddle into the blanket. Thirty minutes in I'm feeling sleepy. Crap! I can't fall asleep. I've already done that once.

I start trying to do mental math to stay awake, but I end up yawning. "You can lay your head on me," Jace tells me. Awww, he's so sweet.

"It's okay. I don't want to be a bother," I explain.

"It's not a problem," Jace assures me. He's just offering a friend a shoulder to rest on.....I nod and make sure only my head lightly rests against him.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

Author's Note:
I hope you all like it! Please leave comments, votes, and feedback.

Originally posted: 11/26/18