Chapter 1: A Change of Plans

A/N: Ok, here we go chapter 1 and remember this is my first story so it won't be perfect.

Josh's POV

Ruby and I are just heading over to Dust til Dawn to get her more dust because she wouldn't stop bugging me about it so I told her we would go there before I took her to Yang so they could go back home together, though why anyone wants to go back home where one of the worst parents ever lives is beyond me.

Josh: "Ruby, are you absolutely sure that you have to get some more dust for Crescent Rose tonight? You know that Tai gets mad when you both end up coming home late."

Ruby: "Yes, I need dust since I ran out yesterday because I was hanging out with my friends. Also, I really wish you would stop calling Dad by his first name, it just feels weird since your not home working on more of your inventions."

Josh: "Ruby, you know that I left home because Dad's an idiot and nothing is going to change that, also he kicked me out because the last invention exploded. Again. Anyway we're here so let's get you your dust and then head over to Juniors bar before Yang trashes it again."

Just before I head over to the counter to get Ruby her dust since she has no money because she spent it all on cookies again. She says she wants to go check and see if the latest weapons monthly magazine is in. But I know that just means she's gonna turn on her music and tune the rest of the world out. After awhile of looking through the store I look at the time and it's already been an hour since we've been here and think to myself that's enough time for her to read her magazine. But just before I can head over to where she is, the bell over the door to let the owner know a customer has come in rang, and in comes a orange haired man and with a bunch of guys in suits. Oh boy, tonight's gonna be a long one. I see one of the guys in suits head over to where Ruby is and boy right now do I feel bad for him.

Ruby: "Are you robbing me?"

Henchmen: "Yes."

Ruby: "Oh."

Ruby then kicks him past me and through the window of the store.

Orange haired Man: "Oookay, get them."

But before I can pull out my sword to defend myself, Ruby comes in and decides to take them all out. Which I'm fine with by the way means less fighting for me. The old man turns to me and gives me a weird look

Owner: "Shouldn't you be helping her out?"

Josh:" Nah, she'll be fine. She's more than capable enough for taking down a bunch of henchmen." I then step through the door and go stand by Ruby. "You okay?"

Ruby doesn't say anything she just looks at me smiling and nods her head.

Orange haired Man: "Worth every cent, Truly you were."

He then points his cane at us and pulls its trigger, and shoots at Ruby. Which I block with my sword, which gave him enough for him to escape. Ruby then turns to the owner.

Ruby: "You okay if we go after him?" The Owner then nods his head and she chases after the Orange haired Man, who's quickly scaling a building but I'm chasing after Ruby to make sure she doesn't get hurt otherwise Yang will kill me if she so much as gets a scratch on her. But as soon as we get up there we seem get on board a bullhead.

Orange haired Man: "Sorry Red, and Grouchy but it looks like this is where we part ways."

He then pulls something out and throws it at us, then shoots it to try and blow us up. But a woman shows up and protects us from the explosion. While Ruby is to busy looking amazed at the woman as she tries to stop the bullhead from leaving. But then some woman shows up and tries to fight back against the huntress, and of course so does my little sister. But they still ended up escaping. Ruby then turns to the huntress excited and with stars in her eyes.

Ruby: "Your a huntress. Can I have your autograph!?"

And the next thing Ruby and I know we're in some kind of room and being yelled at by this woman.

Blonde haired woman: "If it were up to me i'd send you home with a pat on the back." Ruby then looks hopeful. "And a slap on the wrist" and slamming her riding crop down on the table, which causes Ruby to jump. "But there is someone who would like to speak to the both of you."

Then a man comes in a places a plate of cookies down on the table and gets weirdly close to Ruby.

Ozpin: "Ruby Rose, you have silver eyes. And pleasure to see you again as well Mr. Branwen."

Josh: 'Sarcastically' " Yeah great to see you too Oz."

Ozpin: He then turns his attention back to Ruby " So, where did you learn to do this?" And the huntress pulls up a screen showing Ruby fighting against the henchmen from earlier.

Ruby: "S-Signal Academy."

Ozpin: "They taught you how to use one of the most dangerous weapons ever designed?"

Ruby: "Well one teacher in particular." As she begins to utterly devour the plate of cookies.

Ozpin: "Well there is only one person I know of that is skilled in using a weapon like that. A dusty old Qrow."

Ruby 'With a mouth full of cookies' "OH, that's our uncle Qrow." Then she clears her throat and you would think she should have done that first considering how much she loves cookies and how many she of them she can eat. "Sorry, that's our uncle Qrow. He's a teacher at signal Academy. I was complete garbage before he took me under his wing and now I'm all like (Karate Noises)."

Ozpin: "So, I've noticed. And what is a little girl like you doing at a school to train warriors?"

Ruby: "Well, I only have 2 more years at signal, and then I'm gonna apply to beacon, and my sister is starting there this year, and our parents always taught us to help others, so that's why I wanna help people." She says our parents taught us that but it was more Summer who taught us that then Tai did since he was always off on a mission or who knows what.

Ozpin: "Do you know who I am?"

Ruby: "Your professor Ozpin, your the headmaster at beacon academy."

Ozpin: "You want to come to my school?"

Ruby: "More than anything."

Ozpin: "Well alright then."Ozpin then gets up and he and the Blonde huntress head towards the door.

But before he can leave Ruby stops him.

Ruby: "But I'll only go if you allow my big brother to come as well."

Josh: "Ruby, what are you doing? This is an amazing opportunity for you. Your getting to go do something that others would only ever dream of doing before."

Ruby: "But I want you to come with me. That way you, me, and Yang can be together again as a family. You know like we used too."

Josh: "Ruby you know that my store is about to open in a few days, if I go to beacon I can't open it up yet. Besides becoming a hunter is yours and Yangs dream not mine."

Ruby: "I know but I miss you, the house just doesn't quite feel the same when your not there with me and Yang. I just want us to be a family again." She says with a sad tone in her voice.

Josh: (With a guilty look on his face) "There really is no saying to you sometimes is there. Fine, I'll go. Guess what Oz you finally got me to go to your school."

Ozpin: "Great, I hope to see you both there."

After he and the huntress leave Ruby turns to me with a sad look on her face.

Ruby: "Your not mad at me for this are you?

Josh: "No, don't worry. I'm not mad you. It's a little too difficult to stay mad you sometimes. I'm just mad at Oz for using you as leverage to get me to finally come to his school. Anyways we should go get you to Yang that way you two can head home and so you can great ready for your transfer to beacon."