Chapter 2: New School, New Friends.

A/n: Yang will be acting somewhat differently in this story in the sense that I'm gonna have her act like big sister/mom for Josh and Ruby since Summer is dead and it's not exactly known when Raven left.

Josh's POV

After I had taken Ruby over to Juniors bar which is where our big sister Yang is usually at because she just won't stop trying to find our Mom which makes me wonder why anybody would actually want to find her considering she disappeared a few days after I was born and brought home from the hospital. We arrived at Junior's bar and not really all that surprised to see that Yang had trashed the place. Ruby and I headed over to talk to her and I made sure to tell Ruby to keep it a surprise until we had gotten onto the bullhead that would take us to beacon in the morning.

Yang:"Hey you two, I actually wasn't expecting you guys to be here so soon."

Josh:" What are you talking about? This is the time that we had agreed upon when you dropped Ruby off at my place."

Yang:" Oh right, I had honestly forgotten that. Oh well no harm done. Anyways, Ruby did you have fun spending time with Josh again?"

Ruby:"Yep, we had so much fun. I almost forgot how good Josh was at baking cookies. We also played this crossover fighting game that had to do with these four different franchises which kinda felt oddly familiar. And Josh also got some new books to add to his collection though he still wont let me read that book about Ninjas."

Josh:"I already told you that you can read that when your older."

Ruby:"Your a year older than I am. I don't see why I can't but your allowed to."

Yang:"Alright, you two that's enough. Ruby if Josh doesn't want you reading it then you shouldn't be reading it, and Josh you know how Ruby is if you didn't want her reading it then you should have put it somewhere she wouldn't be able to find it especially if that book is in your collection. Now, it's getting pretty late and Dad's gonna be mad that Ruby and I are out a little later than usual especially since I'm going to beacon tomorrow."

After that I say goodnight to them and that I'll see them tomorrow. Yang and Ruby get on her bike bumblebee and head back home for the evening and I decided to do the same and head back home to get ready for tomorrow. But as I get to where my apartment is the same Raven that I've seen every night is sitting there on a lamppost and whenever I enter my apartment I can see it fly off from the window which is oddly creepy how it waits to leave until after I've entered by apartment. Oh, well I'm probably just overthinking this since I've got other stuff on my mind especially considering what happened tonight and how I now have to close my shop for the time since it can't be open tomorrow which is also a good thing since some of them are almost ready but not quite since they still have a few things left that need to be worked on. I should probably try and get some sleep since I have to be up extra early to pack and gather my supplies if I'm gonna be going to beacon with Ruby and Yang tomorrow. But knowing my luck I won't get any sleep tonight much like the last few nights.

(Time Skip)

Seeing as how I couldn't fall asleep again I decided to turn off my alarm and get out of bed and usually I would do my normal routine which is get up, shower, eat, brush my teeth then head to my workshop and make sure that my most recent project is still sitting on my desk which is a better alarm system for hunters and regular civilians that will alert them if Grimm are nearby so that said hunter can come in and take them out or to tell civilians that they need to either evacuate or hide. But I have to put that on hold for now until after beacon unless I can somehow get Oz to kick me out by failing his initiation which knowing him he'll probably have it rigged so that I can't fail so I guess that means I'll have to try. After I'm finished packing and getting everything I'll need for beacon including my failed project which I'm only taking in case I actually find a suitable power source. I put my working sword in its sheath and attach it to my lower back and attach my prototype sword to my back with the handle facing my left shoulder so that I can grab when I need to and head out the door, making sure I lock it behind me, and walking towards the bullhead that's heading towards beacon. While waiting for the bullhead I hear a loud squawk from behind me and when I turn my head to look at it I see the same Raven from last night looking at me but I hear the bullhead in the background land and I lean down and gather my things but when I look to see where the Raven is I notice that it's gone I guess the bullhead must have scared it off. As the bull head is leaving the pick up zone I go to the window and look out it which gives a great view of it. But as I'm looking at the forest I see what looks like a woman that has Black hair looking at me but I can't really tell if she is so I put my goggles over my eyes and try and magnify the lenses so that I can see her and I was right she is looking at me but she has a weird smile on her face like she knows that I'm looking at her but then I hear what sounds like Ruby calling my name so I push my goggles above my eyes and turn my head towards the voice and yeah it's Ruby and Yang is just behind her but I lower my goggles over my eyes once more and look back to the area I saw the woman at and she's gone, that couldn't have been who I thought it was, nobody has seen her since she disappeared 16 years ago and even if it was how would she have known that Yang and I were going to beacon, and how would she have known that I would look out the window and notice her down there. Before I can hurt my head even more from thinking about this I feel someone jump on me and hug me, and I already know who that is.