Chapter 1

~Hi everyone. The story is a little depressing now, but if you continue reading, It'll get much better:D~

Em's POV

"Go to sleep, Elliot," I cooed as I rocked my son in my arms gently. His head lolled to one side, and he made cute gurgling noises, before closing his eyes and breathing gently. I walked to Elliot's cot and put him in slowly, so he wouldn't get hurt. Then, I let out a sigh.

Blake and I had gotten married when we were nineteen, and I conceived Elliot when we were twenty. A year later, we got a divorce when I caught Blake cheating on me with Willa, that girl that had competed against me for Blake. We had met her in college, and obviously her being that little slut, she couldn't keep her hands off someone's husband! Now, I was a single mother, with a two-year-old boy, and it was all my fault- I shouldn't have been so relaxed with him!

I slammed my fist against the table as I thought of it, and took in deep breaths to calm myself down. I had to get over Blake. I hadn't seen him for about a year and a half now, and I had to give up on him. He had to be over me already. I was ninety-nine percent sure he was currently banging a random slut right now, somewhere in town.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Coming!" I called out, running to the door and opening it, revealing Mikaela and Randy. They had been together ever since prom night, and I was sure they would get married in the near future.

"Hey Em! I brought wine!" Mikaela grinned, holding out a wine bottle and barging in past me.

"Sorry, she's excited," Randy apologised, and I chuckled lightly, letting Randy in.

"Where's little Eli?" Mikaela called out from somewhere in my apartment, and I flinched at her volume. If she continued to talk like that, Elliot would start wailing again.

"Indoor volume, please," I whispered loudly, and she gasped, signalling 'Okay' to me. She plopped down on my couch, gesturing to Randy to sit with her, and he did as told.

"Who else is gonna come?" Randy asked me, and I listed the names of the people who were invited to my dinner party.

"Emmalie, Bryce and Miles," I answered, and he nodded as he thought about the people. Emmalie was my colleague which I had gotten really close to. Her boyfriend, Bryce, who was also my colleague, had been invited too. Last but not least, was Miles, my boyfriend of six months. He'd met me at Starbucks, and was determined to get my number, therefore, he stalked me home.

"You know, Em, I'm really sorry about Blake-"

"It's alright, please don't say his name," I cut her off pleadingly, and she nodded, looking down at the ground. When she had found out that Blake and I were getting a divorce, Mikaela started apologising, saying that she might've assigned me to the wrong person. And then, she got a little depressed.

"I'm just really sorry," She apologised again, and I nodded, giving her a sad smile. It wasn't her fault! It was Blake's, Willa's and mine. Just then, the doorbell rang again.