Chapter 9

Miles at the side---->

Trailer in external link, and at the side:D ---->

Please Vomment:) you'll make me a happy person. And, I'll get the chapter out quicker if you vote *hint*

❤ Em's POV ❤

Groaning exasperatedly, I carried Elliot to the car, trying hard not to curse at Blake. I really wanted to slap him till' he finally woke up, but that would be a bad influence on Elliot. Why had I listened to Angel in the first place? I should've known that it would end with something like that - Blake falling asleep and letting Elliot run without supervision. What if something bad had happened?

"Stupid man," I muttered to myself, making sure that Elliot couldn't hear it. I seriously wanted to punch him. I'd expected him to make use of the time to get to know his biological son, but instead, that bastard fell asleep! Cursing Blake mentally, I put Elliot in his baby car seat and buckled him in. I closed the door, meaning to walk over to the driver's seat to get in.

Unfortunately, that jerk was there, his blonde hair messy from his stupid nap. I ignored him, and walked past to the driver's side, opening the door. "Em! I'm so freakin' sorry," He ran his hand through his hair, and I kept my arms rigidly akimbo in order to prevent myself from hitting him. "It doesn't matter. You're never seeing him again," I replied coldly, and he flinched at my harsh tone. "I didn't mean to. It's just that he didn't-"

"Just leave it, okay?" I cut him off halfway, my voice tired. I was tired of him. His lies, his 'promises' that he never kept. "I'm sick of it. So, please," My voice came out softer, and he froze as he stared at me. I took the chance to get into the car and slam the door, driving off...

When I got home, Miles was pacing around in the apartment, looking like he was deep in thought, his face scrunched up. He didn't even stop when I shut the door quite loudly, if I may add. That kind of only meant one thing... "Miles, are your parents in town?" I shuddered as I asked him, and he bit his lip, lowering his head. Oh no, they were.

"They want to see you again. Tonight," He said absent-mindedly, his lips still pursed from doubt. Sighing loudly, I nodded. I didn't want to leave him with them alone. It was already painful to talk to them, let alone be stuck in the room with them.

You see, Miles's parents were the weirdest, rudest and most racist people I have ever met. And, they were very judgemental. The reason why they didn't live in California, was because they moved to Colorado a few years ago to enjoy their retirement on a farm, even though they were only like fifty years old. The last time I'd seen them, they had commented on stupid things about me. Also, they didn't know that I was divorced and had a child, and I'd like to keep it that way.

"It's at Ma Maison at seven," Miles told me, and I groaned exasperatedly. I hated French food. Who liked eating cooked snails? "I'll go call Mikaela to look after Elliot," I told him, before stalking towards the sofa, where I plonked down on, and took out my iPhone.

"Mikaela. Code red again. You have to watch Elliot," I lowered my voice so that Miles couldn't hear me, and I heard her agree, before hanging up. Code Red meant that there was a life-and-death emergency, and she should get her butt to my apartment to look after Elliot, because I had matters.