Prologue

He never wanted for this to happen. He was a robot for fuck's sake. This shouldn't have happened in the first place.
"(Y/n)? (Y/n)!"
Connor yelled and ran towards the girl he fell in love with. It had taken him a while to figure out what this strange feeling was but now he knew and it hurt even more.
"Connor,"
The (h/c) haired girl groaned and pressed a hand to the bleeding wound in her lower abdomen. Her eyes were open wide and shock was registered on her face as she fell to the ground.
It all had happened so fast.
First Connor and (y/n) were having a moment, he was about to confess his feelings towards her and next thing they knew there was a gunshot and (y/n) was bleeding heavily.
He should've seen it coming. With everything that had happened they shouldn't even be surprised.
"Connor?"
Her voice was small. Weak. It didn't sound like the usually happy (y/n) anymore.
"Yes (y/n)?"
Connor replied while he took her in his arms, also applying pressure to stop the bleeding... to no avail.
"I'm afraid-"
"Don't be. You're gonna be okay."
"Promise?"
He knew he shouldn't. He was always honest. He wouldn't lie to anyone. He wasn't programmed to lie... But he did... Just to comfort her.

"I promise.."

It was the biggest lie he had told anyone.
And it would surely come back around to haunt him.
It made him realise that, even though he was a robot, an android, a programmed thing that should function in society as just a machine...
He never was not afraid. No one, not a single thing was really unafraid