4//Grave Digger

Alia's POV

"What were you thinking?" John hissed, grabbing my arm. It was seven in the morning, and I wasn't in a mood. I tried shaking out of his grasp, but he held firm. 

I held my gaze and frowned in his face, "I decided to back out. I'm not in any mood to cause a problem with the royals." John groaned and brushed his hair back from his eyes, "You caused a bigger problem." 

I flinched, my heart racing faster, but held my lips in a firm line, "I really don't have time for this. Leave me alone." I ripped myself away from him, and turned around. 

I stalked down the hall, feeling the ripples of rumours and whispers following me. My shoulders shook, my powers threatening to escape. 

John quickly caught up, his eyes watching me as he said, "You know, you're digging your own grave. Let me help." 

"Help with what?" I demanded, hands clenching into a fist.

"Sera thinks you're a threat to her, as her position as queen." John said sheepishly, like the thought was stupid. My pride was almost slipped out of place, and I almost shouted to him that in fact, I could beat Sera. 

I rolled my eyes and said, "I'm literally running away from you guys now, just leave me alone. I won't be a threat, and I wasn't in the first place. Being cocky doesn't mean you're powerful." I almost scoffed at how ironic I was sounding, lecturing someone who is probably very cocky and very powerful.

The bell rang, and Sera's voice filled the echoing halls, "John?" 

I looked up, and John stared back, hissing, "Maybe you should go."

I yanked my arm back, not realizing he grabbed it again, and that he held on for the whole time. My cheeks flushed, and I spun around, my purple hair whipping his face. I felt the spot where he touched burned, and I grasped it tightly. 

I quickly dodged through the crowds, feeling John's questioning stare following my arm. 

John's POV

"What are you doing?" Sera demanded, her face reaching up to mine. I backed off, and merely shrugged, "Talking to Alia?" 

Sera rolled her eyes and let out a hollow laugh, "Clearly. You spend a lot of time talking to her, don't you?" 

I turned around, searching for Alia, before I laughed, and then realized it wasn't a joke, "Sera, we only met yesterday, and we've only talked twice. Calm down." 

"I won't calm down. You're mingling with the enemy." Sera said, her blue eyes growing colder.

"You're being paranoid. She's pretty harmless." I said, although I knew it would go through her head. She stared at me, and for a second, I forgot who she was. This wasn't the Sera I know and love. This Sera is power-hungry, and selfish. One who thought for herself, her power is her best friend. 

I wished I could protect her. Back before she was kidnapped, and stripped from her powers. Yes, she got them back, but the trauma she had been through, it was unbearable. The tiredness in her eyes seem to seep into me, and suddenly, I felt powerless when it came to protecting people. I couldn't protect my best friend. 

"I think you should stop talking to her." Sera said softly. I love her, but the demand she made was a bit far stretched. "You can't control who I talk to." I replied, irritated. I lost sight of Alia, her purple hair swallowed by the crowd. I frowned.

"Yes I can." She said, her voice raising louder and louder. "I am the Queen." 

I laughed, anger started to bubble in me, "Don't start pulling your dumb power card bullcrap on me, old Sera would've never done that." 

Sera's voice became venom, "Old Sera wasn't queen. Don't compare me to the past." Arlo suddenly popped out, and I whipped to him. "Tell Sera that what she's saying is bull." Arlo snorted and tilted his head, "Don't drag me into your lovers quarrels." 

"We're not lovers." I spat back, anger raging like a storm in me now. I was surprised to see Sera was a bit taken back, but quickly recovered, "Arlo, back off." Arlo nodded, completely content with the idea, and turned away. 

I hissed and grabbed Arlo's arm to drag him back into the conversation. Arlo shot me daggers, but saw that I wasn't in the mood, and stayed. 

-----

It's Ash! I just wanted to say thank you for reading, and waiting for a new update, as I am very busy at school. <3 Leave a like, comment, and vote <3

 <3 Leave a like, comment, and vote <3

https://www.patreon.com/uruchan   <------ HER PATREON! GO SUPPORT OUR URU-CHAN!!!!!!!

Want your OC to appear in my story? COMMENT YOUR OC's NAME, POWER, and LEVEL (cannot be over 7.5). ALSO GIVE ME YOUR OC'S PHYSICAL DETAILS.