6//Problems and Solving Them

Alia's POV

As I suspected, Jenny looked stunning. Her wavy brown hair was almost waist length and her blue eyes shone with innocence and youth. 

She pouted when she saw us, immediately hooking onto Adria's shoulder the second we entered the room. She raised an eyebrow as I walked in beside Isabella, with Hunter trailing behind us. 

"Hi, who is this?" Jenny asked, her voice unexpectedly low for a very feminine framed girl. Adria snorted, making a snide comment that made Jenny smack her shoulders jokingly. 

"I'm Alia," I said awkwardly. Jenny's presence made me look scruffy and dirty, which was probably my state right now. I straightened my posture and brushed the dust off my uniform. 

Jenny smiled and held out her hand, "Oh, I heard about you. I'm Jenny." I stiffened. With the rumours floating around the halls, I'm pretty sure I'm the latest target. I clenched my fist, suddenly aware of all the talking around the room. I wondered if I would bring trouble to my new friends. 

Hurt flashed in Jenny's bright eyes when I left her hand hanging, and dropped it in a hurry. Adria stepped forward, about to open her mouth when Isabella suddenly said, "Hey guys! I'm back with soda, ya'll want some?" Relieved, I took a soda and popped it open. I chugged quickly, feeling the cold liquid running down my burning throat. 

Adria flashed me another glared and stormed off, taking Jenny by the arm. Isabella looked at me with concern in her doe eyes, "What's wrong, Alia?" I shook my head, biting my lips so I wouldn't cry. I messed up my only chance to make friends, but what benefit would I have? It wasn't like I would be here for long, just until Mom found another job. The pain I caused others were more than the ones I caused to myself, and I didn't want to hurt any more people. 

Hunter touched my shoulder, "It's okay, Adria is just protective over Jenny." I shook my head again, letting out a weak laugh, "I probably look like an idiot right now." Hunter opened his mouth, but Jenny walked back, Adria in tow. 

"I should leave," I said before anyone could talk. Abruptly, I stalked out of the room, ignoring the protesting calls from Jenny and Isabella. I turned around the corner, almost ramming into John. 

He raised his eyebrow at me, "You have a bad habit of running into places at bad times, don't you?" His brows were dripping with sweat, and his hair was in an awful mess. His eyes were bloodshot, as if he had swam in a pool made of his tears. 

I laughed, startling myself, "You look absolutely awful." He gave me a sheepish smile, trying to flatten his disheveled hair. The arguing that happened down the hall seemed to have faded out of both of our memories, because he said, "I'm making a scene right now, aren't I? I betcha there going to be rumours. Well.. I guess I should leave." 

I stopped him, surprising myself again, "You know what? There are already rumours, so why not add more to the tea?" John let out a laugh, "Well, you sound more like yourself already. What are you doing out here alone? I thought you'd be with your 'friends' by now." 

Just like that, I spent the rest of the day on the roof, spilling my heart out about my life problems (but not about my powers). He nodded here and there, and added snide jokes in between. The tension was already lifting itself off my shoulders, and the sun seemed to shine brighter when I was around him. 

---

John's POV

I was surprised by how willing Alia was when it came to sharing her problems. The troubling look in her eyes seemed to have faded, which was good. I also surprised myself by being willing to sit there out in the blazing heat, listening to Alia, as she went on and on about her life. 

Not that I was complaining, but it just shocked it by how different she was than Sera. Although they both have the same fire blazing in their souls, Sera's burned with control, while Alia's flame rose slowly, but with burning intensity. Alia had no control of her life, and she decided to just follow the tide. 

Suddenly, in the middle of her rantings, I said, "You know, I'm awfully jealous of you." She shot me a glare for interrupting her, but asked, "Why? Because I have so many problems in my life that you don't have?"

I snorted, falling onto my back so I faced the sky, "Because it seems like you have them handled." I watched her flinch in the corner of my eye. We sat in silence, basking in the sun before she flopped down beside me, so we both stared at the sky, slowly melting under the sun's heat. She rolled over so she faced me, her blue and purple eyes, "Do you have problems?" I laughed loudly, and she looked at me with strangeness. 

"I think we all have problems. It's just wether or not we solve them." 

----------------

Hey guys, it's Ash here. Thanks for reading <3 
The story has 0.6k views eek! I love you guys so much. 
Sorry for the short chapter, school is killing me ;(
But other than that, I really hope you enjoyed the story so far, and liked the new characters added in by YOU readers!!! 

Want your OC to appear in my story? COMMENT YOUR OC's NAME, POWER, and LEVEL (cannot be over 7.5). ALSO GIVE ME YOUR OC'S PHYSICAL DETAILS.

 ALSO GIVE ME YOUR OC'S PHYSICAL DETAILS

https://www.patreon.com/uruchan <------ HER PATREON! GO SUPPORT OUR URU-CHAN!!!!!!!