15//A Call For Help

--
The reason why I haven't updated in so long is because I just went on a Grad trip with my school and my forgetful ass didn't bring my laptop or my iPad, so I didn't update. Sorry and thank you for sticking around <3 Also read note at the end, love ya'll.

++

Alia's POV

After receiving John's texts, it left an uncomfortable feeling in my chest. Diana's name was one I often tried to push back, the memories too painful to bare. 

Honestly, seeing Cedrik's face for the first time in a while brought back many thoughts I tried to drown. 

I sighed loudly, sinking into my bathtub deeper, blowing at the water. It seemed at if this was the first time bringing back memories of the past back into my head, and not breaking down into tears of anger. 

The cold water made my thoughts clearer and sharper.  The vague memories of the mysterious man in the classroom had said the word AMBER, so it was now obvious. AMBER had gotten much more powerful after the attack on  school I was in before.

The real question now remain floating in my head. Why would they know Diana's name, and out of all people, mine? Cedrik might've told them, sure, but for what? What was the sole purpose of writing my name? 

I ducked my head under water and screamed out my anger. The only thing stopping me from continuing my eternal bath was the constant buzzing from my phone. Letting out one more scream, I climbed out of the bath tub, more relaxed. 

I got 6 missed calls from John, and I suddenly felt worried. He did end his text messages weirdly. I pressed the call button, and waited anxiously for a while, listening to the ringing with clenched fists. 

When he finally picked up, I let out a relieved sigh, "John?" 

"Come to the school." The person behind the phone wasn't John.

"Seraphina? Where's John?" I asked, trying not to let irritation slide out of my voice. I didn't dislike Seraphina, but I didn't like her either. 

"He isn't here. JUST COME TO THE SCHOOL." Seraphina yelled and I pulled my phone away, and this time I sighed and obeyed her. 

Arriving at the school, the sun was setting and the dramatic sunset gave the school an eerie look. Staring at the ransacked school, I entered the main entrance and found it empty. The walls were slightly burned, muddy footprints all over the floor. I felt as though I was exploring an abandoned building. Sera awaited me by one of the doors, her hair a mess and her eyes red and swollen. 

When I approached her, I almost heard her sigh in relief, "Couldn't you walk any faster?" 

I ignored her and instead asked, "What's going on? Where's John?" 

Her eyes flickered with remorse and anger, "He was taken by an impersonator working for AMBER. He, of course, was willingly taken. I need your help. You are the only person here who knows someone working for AMBER, and we need to get John out of there." 

I stared at her in confusion. How did she know about Cedrik, and how did she know he was connected to AMBER. For all I knew, I never mentioned him to her, or John, "How did-"  

She waved her hand, clearly annoyed, "Look, I have my ways. Besides, why else would they spray paint your name on the walls. It's obvious they know you and want something to do with you. So how about you help out?" 

"Why would I help you out of all people?" I demanded, crossing my arms, knowing I sounded petty.  

She rolled her eyes, "Because I know you will help John, and you aren't dumb enough to leave  that man alone in a dangerous place."

I sighed in defeat and nodded. She smirked a little before beckoning me to follow her. We treaded past the main hall into a separate building, where the teachers and a few Royals stood, hovering around in concern. 

A red-headed boy saw us coming and ran over, saying breathlessly, "Elaine woke up." 

Seraphina's cocky behaviour dropped and she ran into a room. Cluelessly, I followed her again. I watched as she slumped over Elaine's body and sob. 

Elaine sat up, smiling awkwardly as she patted Seraphina's head, "Sera, I'm fine." Her eyes glazed over to mine and she shot me a small smile. Awkwardly, I waved at her. 

Seraphina suddenly jolted up, like as if she was awakened from a nightmare, "John. We need to hurry up and find him." 

All eyes were suddenly on me, like I had all the answers in my hand. I shuddered at all the attention, hating the way they all looked so desperate. 

"I-I guess we can start at my old school." 

--

Walking down that road made me shiver, looking at the now ruined school that I used to attend. 

Isen walked ahead of everyone, his face making a hesitant look, "Um.. so high are the possibilities that this place is haunted?" Blyke shot him a look and Isen pursed his lips shut, still darting concerned looks around as we walked up to the school. 

I pushed the doors open, listening to it creak. The hallways were damaged, but I still remember strolling down them, talking and laughing. 

Footsteps echoed, and I whipped around, half expecting Diana and Cedrik to pop up. Instead, Seraphina greeted me with her annoyed look, "Are you sure this is the only place you can think of?" 

I nodded, wringing my fingers around my necklace, hating the way the school seemed so suffocating. Seraphina studied me, her annoyed look fading away. 

She tapped the walls and turned away from me, "So, this place brings up bad memories , huh?" 

I took a trembling breath and laughed nervously, "Yea, kinda watched my best friend get killed here." My shoulders started shaking. 

Seraphina was silent for a while before she said, "I watched my friend get killed too. Her name was Remi. I wasn't as close to her as Arlo and Blyke, but she was always there for me. She was strong and strong willed. Honestly, she was a better queen than me, since her emotions were what made her strong. My emotions were what made me weak. I can't bare to lose another friend, I can't be powerless anymore." 

We basked in the silence, both mourning the loses we suffered. Finally, I broke it by heading down the hall, not sure what to say. Seraphina shortly followed afterwards, looking as lost in world as I was. 

I think it was the first time I saw her look so vulnerable. 

--

Um I promised a bonus, I think, last episode. 
I swear it'd be up soon. Since I'm impatient, I'm just going to spoil it. Basically it will be the status/powers chart and it's going to be an edit so sorry if it looks bad. 
Anyways, thank you for the support. I haven't been uploading because of Grad and exams coming up soon. 
Stressed to the c o r e  but gotta keep going. 

-All the recently commented OCs will appear soon! Also this is like the point where the story starts blasting in full speed so buckle your seat belts :) 

<3 Ash

Want your OC to appear in my story? COMMENT YOUR OC's NAME, POWER, and LEVEL (cannot be over 7

Want your OC to appear in my story? COMMENT YOUR OC's NAME, POWER, and LEVEL (cannot be over 7.5). ALSO GIVE ME YOUR OC'S PHYSICAL DETAILS.