❁ CHAPTER ONE

Archie Andrews a popular, athletic, musical and an A student. He's got the picture-perfect life on the surface, but what's underneath? Nothing you might hear him say, but, there's a heart. The broken heart of a child who once loved, but to love is one thing to be loved is another.

Archie walked the halls, his heavy varsity jacket over a white undershirt. He made it to his locker, one obstacle of today out of the way, he opened the creaky door grabbed his bag and shutting it again.

Behind him, a familiar blonde girl stood, it was Betty. "Hey!" She exclaimed, waving and smiling. Archie flashed a fake smile back at her. "What's up?" He grinned, almost squinting. "Nothing much, but I saw this weird black-haired kid earlier... I wonder if he goes here something." She began to trail off as they both walked to their second class of the day.

After second class; Archie yawned, stretched, and grabbed his stuff ready to head to lunch. Betty followed close to the side, trying to start a conversation, with the daydreaming ginger.

They reached a lunch table, seeing Veronica. "So how are my 'darlings'?" Veronica mumbled behind a napkin as she finished some of her food. That managed to get a small giggle out of Archie. Betty blushed a bit before saying "Fine, I'd hope." Betty glanced to Archie who had started to stare out into space, again.

Before anything else was spoken, the doors to the cafeteria had burst open. A black haired boy with a peculiar beanie almost strutted in. Archie snapped out of his dreaming to look over to where the noise had come from. Archie was awestruck.

Betty and Veronica were a bit confused and annoyed by his loud entrance. The mystery boy continued to walk the once loud cafeteria, seeming to silence it to whispers. Betty and Veronica looked back over to see a blushing Archie. Betty seemed to end the silence with a, "WHAT?" Archie quickly looked back to the girls, "Huh, yea?" The redness of his face seemed to fade a bit as he 'calmed' a bit.

After getting his lunch, mystery boy continued around the cafeteria. He found a seat, right next to our red-headed friend. He placed his tray down, taking a seat. Betty and Veronica sighed but greeted him. Betty began, "Hi, I'm Betty. And you are?" "Jughead." A no longer, mystery boy replied. He began to eat but looked over to Archie who was currently avoiding eye contact.

The rest of lunch was silent aside from a few attempts from Betty and Veronica to make Jughead talk. Jughead finished his food a few minutes early and looked over to Archie who was still looking the other way. "Pff. Cute." He laughed, getting up and patting Archie on the back before continuing off.

~

After school ended;

Archie was still a bit red from the elusive Jughead but continued through the day. He felt as though he was walking on air, his spirit was all the more lifted. He sighed, relieved for the first time in a while. Archie walked out of the building seeing Jughead getting onto a motorcycle. Archie was walking away when he saw that Jug's beanie fell off. Archie when to go pick up and give back to Jug but by the time Archie got there Jughead was already riding off. Archie stood there, beanie in hand contemplating what to do.

In the end, he decided to return the old hat to the boy. He followed the tire skid left by the motorcycle. He eventually found himself on the edge of a trailer park, the ground was littered with gin bottles and cigarettes. "Okay..." Archie mumbled to himself continuing into the mostly empty park. He was walking through the desolate park, before hearing a loud thud coming from one of the trailers. He decided to not confront the sound because the heroic persona he put on at school was mostly left there.

Just then, the trailers rusty door slammed open. A figure fell through the frame, leaning against a rail. The figure was thin, beaten, bruised, and bloody. The figure turned, his thin undershirt soaked with a pungent alcohol. He sat on one of the steps, leaning back, breathing unsteady.

Archie felt a need in his chest to help, somewhere that hadn't felt anything for a while. Archie ran over, his quaffed hair now messy. "A-are you alright?" He said semi-silently, holding a hand out. Jughead turned to face the red-head, his cold eyes softening. "I-" He began being interrupted by the sound of a shattering bottle. Jug jumped at the noise and tried to lift himself up. "We need to go." "Forsythe!" A deep voice rung from the trailer. "Go. NOW." Jug demanded.

"Not without you! You're already bloody." Archie said, before grabbing the bruised boy. Jughead made an almost whimpering noise before complying. "The motorcycle." Jug whispered. "What?" Archie heaved. "The motorcycle, get on the motorcycle!" He demanded, Archie complied. Archie turned the keys that were left in the motorcycle before speeding off.

~

Archie had sped all the way to his house subconsciously. It was the safest place in his mind. He grabbed Jug, before head into his house. His father wasn't home but that was for the best right now.

Archie 'dragged' Jug into the bathroom, placing him on the counter. "H-How many wounds are bleeding?" He heaved. "I don't know." He said shakily. Jug turned, his white undershirt was now red with blood. "Are you going to clean them?" He said silently. "Well, I can't leave you like this." The red-head stated, chuckling a bit. Jug lifted his shirt, exposing the nasty cuts and bruises that trailed down his back.

Archie blushed a bit, but put some soap and water on a cloth and began to clean the wounds. Jughead 'hissed' and straightened his posture a bit. "Are you ok?" Archie said, worry in his voice. "Just continue, I'll be fine." Archie grabbed a cloth just wet with water and wiped the suds away. He grabbed a bandage and wrapped it around Jug's chest.

~