❁ CHAPTER THREE

"Where am I?" Archie mumbled, looking around a completely black room. He looked down to his hands, but where were they? There was nothing there. "Help!" He yelled, starting to panic in the nothingness he found himself in. Suddenly, he turned around seeing his father. "Dad! I'm so glad-" He got interrupted. "Asking for help? A strong man wouldn't do something like this, then again a strong man wouldn't be pursuing a musical career, would they?" His father spat.

"Dad, I--"

Betty walked out from behind his father. "He's right Arch."

"Betty..."

"Don't Betty me. Do you really think women would like you if you weren't into a masculine career?"

"Bet- " He stopped himself. "Why are you guys saying this?" Archie's eyes started to water as he let out a soft whimper almost.

"Because Archie no one will like you like this." They said in unison.

Just then, Jughead appeared in front of him and the nothing silenced. But it wasn't Jughead. There was a thick black line across his eyes as he 'looked' up to Archie. He said opened his mouth to say something but then...

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Archie jolted up in a cold sweat. He sighed relieved looking down to his hands, before silencing the alarm that had woken him. He looked over to Jughead, who was still sound asleep on the slightly deflated air mattress. He smiled, before running his hand through his hair and sighing. Archie got up out of bed to do the daily morning routine. You know; brushing his teeth, changing, staring at himself in the mirror trying to feel too bad about himself, walk down for breakfast.

Before he walked down, he decided to wake Jughead. 

"Jughead..?" Archie poked Jughead in the side, making him stir a bit. 

"Hmph... Jus, five more minutes.." Jughead slurred, turning onto his stomach. The blanket covering him, falling off a bit to reveal he had taken off his shirt in the night. 

"Hhh.." Archie blushed, poking him again. "It's Tuesday, time for school!" He threw a pillow onto the boy. 

"Fine, fine..." Jughead said groggily, sitting up on the mattress, stretching, then getting up. "Got a shirt I can borrow?" He turned to face Archie.

Archie's face turned more to a visible red before he went to his dresser. "Yea! L-let me see!" He shuffled through his dresser before grabbed a  white and black shirt with a space design on it from the dresser. "I'll let you change!" Archie said, before practically catapulting himself out of the room.

"Thanks?" Jughead replied to the now spot of air. 'Hope I didn't say anything.' Jughead thought, before pulling the oversized shirt over his head. "This is fine." He smiled.

'Ohmygod, ohmygod.' Archie thought, racing down the stairs to see his Dad. "Hey... Dad." Archie mumbled, a break in his words remembering a bit of his now elusive dream.

"Hey, Bud. Wheres Jughead?" Fred looked up to Archie with a smile.

'He's faking it.' Something said in the back of Archie's head. "He's changing in my room. He should be down soon."

"Alrighty, I made breakfast-" 

Archie winced.

"BUT. It sucked, so I poured some cereal."

"Thanks, dad." Archie said, relieved. 

Jughead walked down the stairs, in Archie's oversized shirt. Archie blushed looking away. "Cereals ready."

"Thank you both so, so much for everything," Jughead said as he sat silently.

"Its no problem. Anytime, son." Fred patted Jughead on the back walking away from the kitchen.

~

Sorry for the short update.

shane.