Two Years of Death

Percy's POV

It's been two whole years since the war with Gaea began. Two whole years since we've slept for more than two hours in a row. Two years of death. Demigods, Satyrs, and Nature Spirits. Some of our very own have passed away. Connor,Drew, Clovis, and Butch were just some of hundreds of the half-bloods that were lost in battle. But we still have to fight, we still have to carry on while the mortals have been asleep, for two years, imagining life in their heads, without a clue of what's going on in the real world.

"Everyone up!! Gaea's forces are coming in from the southwest, get your weapons and hurry to the front line." Chiron shouted at us. Tired and weary we gathered our supplies and went into battle with no emotion, not scared, not excited, not anythjng. We have been doing this for the past 730 days exactly. It's become a habit, a habit of knowing you could die but still fighting to live, a habit of seeing the blood splattered bodies of your friends lying lifelessly on the ground but saving your tears for later. That's the habit we earned. As we marched into battle we had four groups Annabeth and I lead the first, Jason and Leo the second, Frank and Hazel the third, and Reyna and Piper the last. Our battle cries filled the air as the first arrow was shot, it hit no one but the second one drew a blood curdling scream, it was Travis, an Apollo child ran to his aid but it was too late, the arrow went right through rib cage and hit and collapsed his right lung while damaging other organs. I stood just stood there not knowing how to respond even though I've seen many deaths. Even through the screams and shouts I could here his last words, "Tell Katie, I Love Her. I'm coming Conor." And with that, he was gone. I was snapped back to battle mode when an spear flew two inches away from my head. Suddenly I felt energy surging through me, I charged, I charged with all of my new found strength and drew RipTide, then I sliced through loads of monsters killing each one with a single blow causing dust to rain everywhere. The battle ended as soon as it begone, but there was no cheer, we lost just the same as the other side, we lost 35 more campers today and 20 more satyrs and nature spirits. We went back to the makeshift tents we built to discuss tomorrow's battle plan for a surprise attack. Annabeth explained how we'd have about a quarter of our troops march to "attack" from a not TOO obvious route and then have almost all of the rest attack from behind and leaving about 150 of us on hospital duty. Leo ran around out camp creating small fires to heat up our dinner, the first meal we've had in a few days. After dinner we went to rest in our tents for an hour, I fell asleep straight away.