a rock floating in space

ivy_mo's instagram story

-ivy was positive she was the only one awake in the house

-
ivy was positive she was the only one awake in the house. it was noon already and she hadn't heard any noise. quickly, she got out of the bed and changed into one of matt's sweatshirts and put on a pair of his boxers.

she tiptoed down the steps to avoid any loud creaking that could potentially wake everyone up. oddly, downstairs smelt of coffee as if someone was already awake. the guy must've heard her coming down because when she walked into the kitchen, he was facing the stairway curiously.

"oh. hey. you scared me." he smiled warmly at her and she admired the way his eyes creased when he did so. she returned the favor and shyly walked into the small space. she knew she had met him the night before, but she couldn't remember his name.

"there's mugs in the cupboard above the sink and if you like creamer there's half and half in the fridge." the blonde took a sip from his mug. "thank you. i-i'm sorry, i don't remember your name." ivy poured coffee into her mug and sat across him at the small dining table. "i'm joba. the birthday boy."

-
"so do y'all live here together or what?" ivy sat next to joba on the couch as some random show played on tv.

"god no. between matt's snoring and romil's loud ass voice, i'd go crazy. this is ian and matt's place, we all come here like everyday though." as if on cue, matt came stomping down the steps. he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and walked to where the duo was sitting.

"joba's tryna steal my girl huh?" the brunette plopped down beside the girl he's had a crush on for 4 years. joba laughed and shook his head. ivy looked back at matt and admired him. his dark circles under his eyes, the freckles that littered his face like stars and his lips. to her, they were kissable and pretty ok for a white guy. he still hadn't noticed she was staring at him so she continued to do so.

"you're so beautiful." she spoke, barely above a whisper.
-
he heard her. he didn't say anything. but he heard her. matt hoped that the beautiful creature sitting beside him wouldn't notice the blush that was creeping onto his face. he continued to pay attention to what joba was talking about. something about music he thinks. matt was too distracted to listen properly.

joba stood from the couch and flashed matt a look of understanding. "ok. i'm heading back upstairs. zuri and i are gonna head out soon and she's probably still asleep." the blonde pat matt's shoulder and waved to ivy as he retreated up the stairs. she smiled softly at him then turned to matt. "who's zuri?"

"joba's gf."

"don't ever say gf out loud again."

-
"i'll take the blueberry pancakes with scrambled eggs, bacon and a bagel please." the waitress grabbed matt and ivy's menus and left the booth. after joba had went upstairs, the pair decided on going to a local diner for breakfast. ivy had never been but matt insisted that their blueberry pancakes were to die for.

matt drank his coffee and watched as ivy swayed a little in her seat at the soft music playing. "you like this song?" obviously she was embarrassed because she stopped dancing and looked down at her orange juice shyly.

"uh yeah. i love it. my grandpa used to sing it to me all the time when i was a little girl."

he smiled as she reminisced. "what's the song?" "la-la means i love you by the delfonics. it's an old song but i don't care." for the rest of breakfast, they talked about their favorite songs and the memories behind them, good or bad. ivy didn't stop talking even when chasidy and miranda texted her asking where she was. matt didn't stop listening even when ian texted him to get his ass back home to help clean up the house. they were enjoying each other's company in the small booth, in the small diner, in the small town. it was if they were only existing purely in this moment.

"do you ever like take a moment and realize that we are such a small fragment in the universe. we're literally sitting on a rock floating in space. there's endless milky ways, galaxies and planets. d-different dimensions and parallel universes and i'm able to sit here and enjoy a coffee with you. i must be the luckiest guy alive."

-
SHORT CHAPTER HEHE sorry but it's cute so idc.
(love u muah.)

vote & comment