Chapter 3: Tutouring

Shortly after 3, I arrived at Mr Urie's classroom. I look in and he was sat at his desk, so I knocked on the door and he said "come in!".

He swerved around on his chair and looked at me with a twinkle in his eye "Ah, Laura- Come take a seat" he pointed towards a chair close to his desk. I sit down and I take out my papers he gave me earlier. "I'm sure that you have done science in your previous school?" I nod at him and smile at him. "Great! Then we get straight into calculating the density of irregular shaped objects."

"Shit!" I immediately cover my mouth and look at Mr Urie, who's just say laughing "I'm so sorry, Mr Urie! I just realised what time it is!" I quickly gather up my things and head out the door, only just to trip over my own feet. Again, he catches me before I hit the ground. "That's the second time you've fallen today, you need to be more careful. Let me drive you home, then I can give your mother an explanation." He touches my arm and a shot of electricity shoots through it. "Umm..it's fine. I have my own car" I jangled my car keys and ran off.

When I get outside, I see Mr Urie behind me. "You need to calm down." He smiles at me and tilts his head. I do the same and his cheeks go pink. I get into my car and I try to start the engine, it doesn't work and my car breaks down. "Fu.." I put my head on the steering wheel until I hear a knock on my window, I look and Mr Urie's adorable face is beside me. I open my door, "do you want a ride?" He flashed a cheeky grin at me and jangled his car keys in my face "yes please...." I start crying and I smile sadly "hey hey hey" he brushes the tear off my face "it's okay- jump in" I get in the car and he gets in the driver side, as soon as he turned the car on, the engine roared. "Woah-chill out" we both laughed as he drove out the car park. We talked all the way to my house, about our personal lives. Turns out that he can sing really well, we sand along to different songs in the car until we pulled up outside. "Well this is my stop.." I chuckle and turn to him "thanks again Mr Urie!" I open the car door "call me Brendon when we have our tutoring lessons!" He gives me that loving smile and makes my heart flutter, "actually-Laura I have something to tell you.." he looked nervous and cheerful at the same time "I-umm-Like...someone" my mood dropped, "why are you telling me?" I act like I'm fine and get back in the car, "because-you know them" my mood dropped even further "who is it?" I wasn't trying to show my disappointment now. "Well I don't know whether I should tell you." He looked at me with a twinkle in his eye "well I-like you" I turned to him in amazement "ah-really?" I smile broadly "I like you too" He smiles at me back. The atmosphere is still, yet full of love. "Well" He clears his throat "I think you should head inside" I want to stay here forever, however I open the car door again and I feel the warmth of a kiss on my rosey cheek "I love you" his voice returned the soft silk-like way it was the first time I met him. "I love you too" I step out the car and walk to my front door. I hear his car drive away. As I open the door, my heart beats fast. I close the door and sit on the floor,sighing softly. The silence disappears as I hear my mother shout "Laura! Where have you been??"