YOU'RE AN IDIOT, BEN HARDY

JULIE'S POV:

Sunday,
12:50

I woke up with a killer headache. I let out a sigh and stretched. Then something hit me. Hard. "We're expecting you tomorrow at 14:30 at the latest for the first costume fittings with the actors", the words echoed in my mind. I had completely forgotten about it and realized that I could not arrive late at my first day at work with a hangover. I switched on my phone, checking the time. I had about an hour to get everything done before I leave. Immediately I got out of bed, and noticed I was still wearing my outfit I wore at the party yesterday. It was covered in alcohol and sweat. Lovely. I took a cold shower, causing my headache to fade away. I brushed my hair and put on a thin layer of makeup. I quickly put on some black jeans, and a cream colored thick knitted sweater. I wanted to come across as professional as possible, while still staying casual, so I put on some heeled ankle boots to compromise. I checked the time. 14:00. I had just enough time left to get a taxi and get to work. I quickly grabbed my purse and loaded it with the essentials. I grabbed a red beanie and some sunglasses, since the sun was out, but still chilly. I rushed down the staircase and ran outside, to see that my taxi had just arrived. Per-fect.

During the car ride I couldn't stop thinking about the mysterious blonde boy I had met last night. Ben fucking Hardy. There was just something about him. It was almost addicting.

I arrived in Soho, London,
where the costume fittings would take place. I felt a rush of excitement. I can't wait to meet the cast and crew!
I entered the office and immediately I was greeted by a middle-aged woman. "Ah, so you must be Julie, am I correct? Julie Williams? Head of the costume department? My name is Mona Jones. I'm one of the costume supervisors on this movie" she reached out her hand for me to shake it. She gave me a reassuring smile. We shook hands and I introduced myself. "Nice to meet you. I look forward to getting to work with you" I said trying to come over as friendly as possible to make a good impression. Her red-painted lips curved into a friendly smile. "I'll help you take care of the actors today, there's no way you can help all of them in one day. We have all of the outfits custom made by our hard-working team of clothing designers over the last months, but our job today is to make sure they definitely fit the actors perfectly. Also, if there's a problem in the details, if a button has come off a shirt for example, just write it down and hand it to me. I'll make sure it gets communicated to the seamstresses and they will take care of it" she explained to me. I nodded in agreement. We walked through the hallway and passed what seemed millions of clothing racks and sewing machines. "Right, let's introduce you to the cast then" Mona told me as we walked into a small studio. There stood a group of people in the room, the cast members. They were all chatting away while drinking coffee. Mona clapped, gaining the cast's attention. "Right, good morning everybody. I hope you all have slept well because today will be a busy day. Let me introduce you to Julie Williams, head of the costume department" she said. I smiled at the group but then noticed a blonde haired boy stand at the back of the room. I had to look twice to realize who he was. Ben Hardy. He was wearing a beanie, just like me. It framed his face perfectly. He looked at me and his expression turned very serious. We stared blankly into each other's eyes for a split second and I could feel my cheeks burn. The room was painfully quiet. Ben awkwardly waved at me. Mona had noticed this. "Oh it appears you two know each other?" she suggested, finally breaking the silence. "No" me and Ben said in unison, lying. His cast mates chuckled. "Anyway. So,
yes, my name is Julie Williams and I'll be taking care of the costume fittings today, together with Mona" I told them. Mona handed over a list of the members I'll be working with today. Ben Hardy, Lucy Boynton, Joe Mazello. Mona was already talking to the two men who would portray Freddie Mercury and Brian May and handing them their bold 70s clothing. It baffled me how much they looked like the actual band members. I had been a Queen fan for a long, long time. My dad was a huge fan and used to blast "Don't stop me now" in the car when I was about 5 years old, since then, Queen became a very comforting and nostalgic in my life.
So it really was a privilege to be a part of this wonderful project.

"Right, Ben? You're the first one on my list, come with me. And Lucy, Joe, I'll be with you as soon as I can" I told the 3 remaining actors. The actress Lucy Boynton gave me a really friendly smile. "We'll just stay here until Ben's done fitting everything" she said. I smiled at her. The actor who'd play John Deacon smirked at Ben. He obviously figured out that Ben and I had met before. Ben jokingly rolled his eyes at him, and walked over to me. He tensed up slightly, scratching his neck. "Fancy seeing you here" he told me. His greenish-blue eyes twinkled at me. A smile formed on my face. "I didn't know you where an actor, Hardy" I said. He raised an eyebrow. "I'm a lucky man. Not everyone gets to portray a rock-god everyday, am I right?" Ben stated. My jaw dropped. "Oh. My. God.
Ben are you playing Roger Taylor!?" I exclaimed. He nodded proudly. "That's amazing! I'm sure you'll do great, you certainly look like a rock-god anyway..." I told him, mumbling the last sentence. Way to come across as a professional. I sounded like such a flirt.
He gave me a lopsided grin. It was almost a smirk. I turned bright red. "Anyway, you've got some clothes to try on, come with me" I said, leading him to the fitting rooms. There was one room for each leading role. His outfits where numbered, making the fitting process way easier. After about 10 minutes of Ben trying on several pieces of clothing, which all fitted perfectly, we finally got to the last outfit. It was a white shirt and black Adidas training joggers. "Nice..." Ben stated. "Just put it on already. I still have to help out Lucy and Joe, remember!" shoving the outfit in his hands and playfully pushing him inside the fitting room, "Alright alright..." he sighed before closing the door. While he was putting on the outfit I stood outside the door, admiring all of the delicately made costumes but I was Interrupted by Ben shouting my name. "Julie! I could do with some help!"
I sighed. I opened the door ever so slightly to come face to face with Ben, completely tangled up in the white shirt. "God... Ben Hardy, are you telling me you can't even get dressed properly!?" I gasped and laughed. He shrugged in discomfort. His head was stuck halfway through the neck of the shirt. "Your supposed to open the buttons before you put it on, you nutter!" I squealed. I carefully took the shirt over his head. "Let's try that again, shall we?" I muttered. I only just realized Ben now stood there, completely topless. My face flushed bright red, once again. I saw his lips turn into this heart-melting smirk. I put his arms through the shirt and started buttoning it up from the bottom to the top, trying not to pay any attention to his abs, although it was a unmanageable challenge. "You're such an idiot, Ben Hardy" I chuckled. "A handsome idiot, no?" he suggested. I let out a laugh and scoffed. "No comment"
As I secured the top button, I met his eyes. Out of nowhere I rested my hands on his chest and our faces where only millimeters away from each other. He placed his hand on the small of my spine, gently pulling me closer to him. I catched him staring at my lips and then his eyes met mine once more. I closed my eyes and for a split second, I thought we might just have locked our lips together again. But I didn't allow it. He was still sort of my boss after all... I let go of him and took a step back. His face showed a hint of disappointment, but he was trying to hide it"We can't do this... Your my boss Ben..." I stammered. "Julie i-"
I cut him off: "Ben stop. We can't do this. I've got to go see how Lucy's getting on. Just hang your clothes back onto the clothing rack. I'll see you later" I told him, walking out of the fitting room.

______________________________________

I told you things were going to get more interesting... I'm telling you this story will just be kicking off from here. Also, I'm so sorry for my inactivity. I've got tons of exams and tests to prepare... Please bare with me... Anyway I really hope you enjoyed this chapter! Let me know! ✿