Chapter 8... Day One

"I've never been there. Is it nice?" I asked no one in particular. I followed Kratos, Atreus standing by me. I would think he would stay close to Kratos but he always seemed to lag behind a bit when I was around. Did he like walking with me instead? Atreus had a bit of a cling trait. Not clingy as in needing to hold on to someone, have their attention but more of in need of emotional support. He seems to want someone that showed their feelings on the outside. He clung a bit to Freya when they were around and to me a little as well. Kind of an obvious sign that he didn't get that full support from Kratos. He had to give him a little right? He wouldn't be such a sweet kid without any.

"It looks beautiful. You'll like it. When we went we traveled by boat. That's the one of the ways to get to your brother. It's a bit of a trip."

"I'm ready to see it."

"We have already wasted too much time talking today. It will be nightfall when we get there." Kratos entered our conversation "I hope you know how to camp."

"Yes, of course I do.

"Good." That was the last thing he said until we got to our first stop.

••••

"Where are we?" I asked.

"It's the travel room in the temple." Atreus answered. "It's how we'll get to Alfheim."

"Really? How?" I looked around amazed to see a huge, beautiful tree sitting in the middle of a room with multiple doors. In the middle of the tree was a table with little statues. Everything had a sparkle and shine to it. Magic was abundant here.

"Watch." Atreus pulled me to the table. Kratos slowly followed, no hurry in his steps.

"Okay so first we have to activate the table with the Bifrost then you turn it to where you want to go." Kratos put the Bifrost in. Stone towers rose up on the table.

"Wow." I mumbled.

"See this is the temple and these towers are the nine realms." Atreus explained.

"So which one is Alfheim?" I asked.

"This one." He answered pointing to a tower. "And that's the door right there."

Kratos turned the table to the Alfheim tower. The room burst with light. Magic filled the room.

"Isn't this cool?" Atreus watched my reaction.

"Amazing! What's happening?"
"We're traveling to Alfheim!"

Everything quieted down. Kratos opened the door. I heard hammering and looked around.

"The three of ya are traveling together now huh?"

"Brok? What are you doing here?" I asked. I walked over to his makeshift shop. "I'm here too." Sindri stood up.

"We move around often. Always around when a weapon needs fixing." Sindri answered my previous question.

"Yes I know, but here?"

"Yeah, yeah. Everywhere. That reminds me, you haven't let me fix yours up." Brok looked my sheathed sword.

"No, it's fine as is. Freya is the only one I let touch it."

"She can't fix it up like I can."

"Her magic can do more than you think."

"Well, what about your bow?"

"Arrows I will accept, the bow, however, is not mine and I want to return it in the same condition I borrowed it in."

"I'll fix em up for free. First service is always free."

"I said no."

"We can make it the most powerful-"

"I said no Brok."

"Well fine." He grumbled and went back to his table. "What about you two?" He asked Atreus and Kratos. As Atreus and him talked, Sindri stepped up to me, getting my attention. I turned "Yes?"

"We can upgrade your arrows."

"How?"

"Make them stronger, sharper or infuse them with magic artifacts to increase their power."

"I'm intrigued." I took out my arrows and handed them to him.

"Give us a moment."

"Oh, so you caved?" Brok watched Sindri.

"They're only arrows. I told you, only arrows." I mumbled.

"We'll get you at some point."

~A few moments later~

Brok handed them back to me. I looked them up and down. They looked the same, felt the same. "What did you do to them?" I asked. Brok chuckled. "You'll see."

"I don't like surprises." I touched the arrowhead.

"You'll like this one."

"How much?"

"First upgrade's free remember? Now go on and try em out in a fight. When you see how good they are, you'll come runnin back so we can upgrade that bow and sword."

"Your confidence in your work is high. They better be good or I'll come back and bust that ego of yours."

"Oh hoho. You'll like em."

"If that is all we should get going." Kratos said.

"Thank you."

"Hurry back." Sindri called after us.

••••

"It's gotten dark faster then I thought it would." I said.

"It looks better during the day."

"We will camp here for now and continue the journey in the morning. I will gather wood for a fire. You two set up while I am gone."

"Yes father." Atreus answered.

"How often do you two camp out?" I asked.

"Not often. Only if we decide to explore somewhere other than Midgard, but we don't really travel out. The Lake of Nine has so much stuff that we can stay busy all day there."

"You guys go treasure hunting often?"

"Yes! You should come with us! I promise you'd have so much fun fighting and finding really cool things."

"Yeah, I bet it is fun."

To be continued....