Chapter 14... Fighter

I opened Freya's door. "Freya I'm home!" I yelled. The back door quickly swung open. Freya almost but ran in. "(Y/n)! It's good to see you're safe." She looked my brother up and down. "I expected you'd be gone longer."

"I was gone two days."

"Two days in Alfheim time."

"Have I been gone at least twenty-four hours?" I asked. She chuckled

"Yes."

"Sorry to interrupt but do you have a place I can sit? I'm not feeling well." (B/n) asked. Freya put her arm around his waist. "Yes of course." She sat him on my bed. "Lay down if you need to. Are you in any pain?" She asked him. He nodded,

"Just a little bit here and some over here." I wanted to go back outside and get some air. Atreus ran past me and started spilling all the details of the trip to Freya. The rush of relief from earlier was gone. I suddenly felt tired from everything. My journey was over and ended with a happy outcome. What now? I walked past Kratos and went back outside. (B/n) was safe and with me. I had nothing else to worry about.

I sat on the bench and looked around. Nothing left to do now. I thought. Kratos sat next to me. I smiled. I wanted him to join me but I hadn't asked him too. Seeing him do it on his own, maybe he did like my company. We sat silently before I spoke.

"Thank you for everything. I couldn't have done any of this without you." I got up and stood in front of him. I offered the pouches of money again. I held them out to him. He held my wrist and closed my hand. "Keep it. As I said before we have no need for it."

"Are-are you sure?"

"Yes."

"I don't want you to think I don't appreciate your help."

"I know you do. Your actions show that you do."

I felt gratitude and love. What do I say? What do I do? I searched his eyes that seemed to have softened. Did I do that? Did he really feel something for me or was it a figment of my imagination? I looked down and laced our fingers together. I looked back at his face. He watched me. "Kratos I..." I had nothing to really say. Gathering my courage to finally do it, I kissed him. For a singular moment, our lips touched. They're softer than I expected. He kissed back then abruptly pulled away at the sound of the door opening. "(y/n)-" Freya came out and paused. She knew what was happening without a second guess. "I'm sorry to interrupt." She stepped closer "It is your brother." I let go of Kratos' hand and ran inside. He was yelling, having a fit. "You! He wants you!" He pointed to me. "Odin wants you!" I hugged him to restrain him.

"(b/n)! (b/n)! Please be strong! Whatever is in you, you can fight it!" He pushed me off hard. I grabbed him again and squeezed him. "Please! Calm down!" I yelled. He gasped then started to scream at the top of his lungs."The light! It burns!" I squeezed tighter.

"Please calm down." I whispered as I cried into his side.

"No! No! No!" He screamed.

"Accept it." (B/n) grabbed my arms and half threw me into Kratos. He caught me, pushing me to my feet. I looked at him, he looked down at me with a slightly worried look. I can't imagine where that sudden burst of strength came from. "Stay back! Stay back or I kill the boy." I quickly turned to face (b/n). "He kept me alive to deliver his message. He wants you and he won't stop until he gets you. Mother said you were a healer. Father wasn't crazy and now I know it is true. Let me go and deliver this information to him." I stepped forward. "Not another step (y/n)." He pushed the knife closer to Atreus' throat. Atreus looked scared. "You can go once you let Atreus go."

"No."

"Then take me instead. Let him go and you can use me as leverage." I stepped closer. Kratos held my arm. "(y/n) that is not-"