Chapter 2

Y/N P.O.V

I wonder how it feels to burn. Judging by the screams I heard earlier, must not be very pleasant. Hell, of course it would hurt. It's burning you alive. But I guess I'll find out how it feels soon enough. I'm still sitting here. Waiting for the fire to reach me, as I don't really see any way of getting out. But then I hear footsteps come running from behind me. I turn around, and see a fallen angel running towards me with a knife.

???: Die!

I don't have enough time to react, and he ends up stabbing me in my stomach.

Y/N: Agh!

I feel blood rushing up my throat, and I spit it out. I look towards the man who just stabbed me, and I headbutt him as hard as I can. It forces him to fall off me, so I pull the knife out of my stomach, and stab it into his heart. Then I twist the knife, making sure that he is dead. And yet again, I have taken another life. But then I look towards where he came from. There was a little opening in between the fire! There is still a chance I could make it out of here! I try to get up, but instantly fall back down. I start to crawl towards the gap, but even that is too much for me. I proceed to drag myself along the blood soaked grass. I feel myself slowly getting weaker and weaker, likely due to the blood loss. I keep dragging myself, using my arms to pull the rest of my body with me. With each pull, my body hurts more. But I fight through the pain, and manage to escape the fire. But it was now that I realize, that there was no point. I may not burn to death, but the stab wound I have will certainly finish me off. I drag myself forward, in one last effort to keep pushing, but then everything goes dark. I slowly lose consciousness, and fall into the darkness of death.

Timeskip

Angels P.O.V

A few of us angels were sent back to see if the fight was finished. But what we arrived to was truly horrifying. There was not a single person alive, no faction celebrating victory. All that was here, were the embers of fire, a bunch of dead bodies, and smoke in the air. We began to search through the bodies, in hopes that we could receiver any bodies of our allies, and give them a proper burial. But since all the bodies died in the fire, there was certainly no way to make out who each person was. But then I notice something. A little further away from the pile of bodies, was a knight in his holy armour. He was laying on the floor, a puddle of blood surrounding him. I walk over to him, and carefully remove his helmet. Then I see, that it is Y/N. The man who I had spoken to earlier, before the fight began. His face had a severe cut of the left side of face, and there were a few burn scars leading down to his neck. I put his helmet in my nap sack, and pick up his body bridal style. Then I round up the rest of my search and rescue team, and head back to our kingdom.

???: who is it you have found?

???: His name is Y/N. He is a human, but also a hero. We will give him a proper burial.

Then we continued to head back.

Timeskip
Present time

Raynare P.O.V

We were so close. I have worked so hard to get this far, and now my work is finally paying off.

Raynare: Kalawarner! Open this door

She opens the door to me, and I see it. It is a coffin, with a statue of a knight behind it. I walk over to it, and see the letters engraved on the stone.

Raynare: Y/N L/N

Kalawarner: This is him?

Mittelt: It better be. Id be pissed if this was all a waste of time.

Raynare: Yeah, this is it. We found him.

I take out the chess peice that I have stolen from Rias and her peerage. It was a Bishop peice, but it would have to do. I opened the coffin, and am met with the body of the legendary warrior. Y/N L/N, a name that was told in many stories. It is said that he was the finest warrior to ever live. And if we manage to get him on our side, the devils won't stand a chance. I put the bishop peice above him.

Raynare: I hope this works...

Then a bright light started to shine from the bishop peice. Then it sunk down into Y/Ns chest. Then another bright light shone. I could see the decayed skin form back into its original state. Then, he started to get up. And there he was, Y/N L/N, in all of his glory. He was burried in his armour, but his helmet was next to him. He sat up and looked around. Then he spotted us three.

Y/N: What? No, this can't be. I.... don't understand.

Raynare: Calm down, Y/N. We are your allies. We have come here to redirect you, and to help you.

Y/N P.O.V

How? How could this be? I was killed. I died in that battle.

Y/N: Who are you?

???: I am Raynare, and I am a fallen angel.

???: I am Kalawarner, and I am salsa a fallen angel, and I work for Raynare

???: I'm Mittelt.

I saw a bright light shine off of them, and then their floating was changed. Their clothing was a little more revealing than what they were wearing before, but then I saw Raynares clothes.

Y/N: By the Pope?!? What are you wearing?

I looked away. It would be very rude of me to look at her while she was revealing so much skin.

Raynare: calm down, it is my battle outfit.

I would hardly consider that a battle outfit. Where is all her armour? She would have been better off wearing what she had on before.

Raynare: Okay Y/N, come on. We gotta get back to our HQ. I'll explain a little more over there.

I nodded.
I stepped out of my coffin, and my legs felt like they were about to snap. I fell down to my knees. My body clearly wasn't ready for this. Kalawarner comes to me and helps me up. I wrap an arm wound her shoulder to keep my balance, and her face turns red a bit.

Y/N: I'm sorry if you feel uncomfortable right now. I could try walking on my own again if you would like.

Kalawarner: No, it's fine. I'll help you walk.

Y/N: Thank you

She helped me walk out of my tomb. Now, they were bringing me to their "HQ", which I assume is their base.
I have a lot of questions, but one in particular I wanted answered.
Why are fallen angles helping me, if I was killed by one?

A/N: and the second chapter is done. I will probably update my other Dxd story next, but I won't forget about this one. Thank you all for reading, and I'll see y'all in the next one.