Chapter 8

Let's get this bread gamers

Y/N P.O.V

Y/N: About her sword....

Irina: Oh, Excalibur? Well, it's not actually Excalibur. It's kind of like a piece of the sword. Hers is called Excalibur destruction. I even have one too! It's called Excalibur mimic. Why do you ask about them?

Y/N: It's just, something felt different about them. And if they are related to Excalibur, then I guess that explains it.

Timeskip

After some more walking, I start to take in the scenery around me. It's actually incredible how far we have come. The human race has accomplished so many great things. I could never have even imagined people flying in a big metallic machine.

Irina P.O.V

I turn around and see Y/N staring at a plane in the sky. It actually kind of cute, the way his curiosity takes control sometimes. Can't blame him though, he comes from a completely different world. I slow down my pace so I could walk next to him. I don't really know why, but I'm not gonna get a headache trying to figure it out.

Y/N P.O.V again

The flying machine drifts into the clouds, and I lose sight of it. I wish I could follow it, maybe even see it up close. Angels, devils and fallen angels have always had the ability to fly, but now that humans have managed to find a way, I can't help but be amazed. I look back down, and see Xenovia walking ahead. Asia is to my left, a little bit further ahead, and Irina is walking next to me on my right. It's nice to see that some people enjoy my company, even if I don't know them too well. We continue walking, until eventually Xenovia stops. We all stop behind her.

Xenovia: I'm hungry

Irina: Me too

Asia: Me three

Y/N: I'm fine

Irina glares at me

Y/N: What?

Irina: You were supposed to say "me four".

Y/N: Oh

Irina:.....

Y/N:......

Irina: Well are your going to say it?

Y/N: Me four

Irina: Good :)

She smiles.

Asia: What can we afford?

Xenovia begin counting the coins in her hand.

Xenovia: Not much.

Y/N: I'm still not hungry, so don't worry about me.

Irina: We could go look around for something cheap.

Xenovia: Yeah, I guess that's a good idea.

Y/N: You could go on ahead. I'll just wait for you.

They begin walking off, and I take my helmet off. It's very dirty, so I try to rub off the dirt and all. It works pretty well, and I look at my reflection. My hair is just long enough to go over my eyes, but not too long.
(Basically Norman Reedus)
It's been a while since I looked at myself. I almost forgot what I looked like. I put the helmet back on, and sit against a fence. The sun it bright today, and the clouds slowly drift by. I look around me, and observe the people. They all look so happy. Family's walking around with their kids, eating food at an outdoor table, all so innocent compared to back in my times. I think I forgot what it's like to be part of a family. I only ever remember my mom raising me. And once she passed away, I started working for myself. Then I eventually became a knight and fought alongside angels. I obviously took no pleasure in the killing, but I did like the fact that I was fighting alongside angels and other forces of heaven. I have been thinking about what it was like before my resurrection, even though there is no point. There's no going back. The past is the past. I need to focus on what's ahead of me. I lean back against the fence and close my eyes. I've always wondered how my armour never makes me get hot, and rarely ever get cold too. And with the sun shining down on me like this, one would thing that I would feel like I'm in a furnace.
But then somebody poked me. I open my eyes, and see that it's the devil who just recently went into Rias' peerage.

Boy: Hello?

Y/N: Hey kid

Boy: Hey, my names issei.

Y/N: Pleasure to meet you issue.

I stand up

Y/N: My name is Y/N.

Issei: I just wanted to ask you something, and since I saw you here, I figured that now is an okay time.

Y/N: What's your question?

Issei: Well, I've overheard Rias and Akeno talking about you being a crusader, who died in a battle a long time ago, and you got resurrected by Raynare. Is that true?

I nod

Issei: Alright, well since she killed me, and tried to trick you, I guess we both have been screwed over by her. So, how bout me and you, team up and take her down.

Y/N: I'm not one to trust devils, how do I know Rias didn't send you so that she can keep tabs on me?

Issei: Well, Rias doesn't actually know that I plan on going after Raynare yet.

Y/N: Alright, I guess I would also want some payback. Although I don't think she needs to die. There's always hope that somebody could change, even if they are fallen angels.

Issei: Uh, yea sure. Just swing by the school some time and we'll talk then.

Y/N: Okay, goodbye Issei

Issei: Bye

He walks away. I really don't know about this one. I mean, fighting the fallen angel is fine, but working with a devil? I already know that they aren't to be trusted. But this boy was recently turned, so perhaps it won't be that bad.
I sit back down and lean against the fence again. Maybe if I take a nap I'll be able to think clearer....