Chapter 12

Diamond
I'm not happy with the way Mel found out about everything, I wasn't really ready to tell her. There's so much more to the story than what she thinks she knows. Yeah Aniyah and I were a thing and yeah she was the first and only female that I've ever slept with but she's not the first female that I've been attracted to. And no I'm not talking about the little girlfriends I had to pass the time and get over Aniyah. There was one other female that I really liked but she never noticed me.

*Flashback*
"Hey are we still going over Destiny's tonight for the sleepover?" I asked Mel as we walked down the hallway at school.
"Yeah my mom's gonna pick us up after school and then we can stop by your house so you can get some clothes."
"Okay cool. See you after class."
"Kay babes." She said as we parted ways. I sat in my Environmental Science class staring at the clock. The bell finally rang at 3:15 and I rushed to my locker and put my books up. Melanie walked up behind me as I was closing my locker, "You ready?" She asked me.
"Yeah." I said putting my bag over my shoulder. We walked to her moms car and got in.
"Hey mom." We both said unison. Melanie and I have been best friends since we were 4 years old so her mom and I became so close that she became a second mom to me.
"Hey girls, how was school?" She said pulling off from the school. Melanie just shrugged her shoulders. "School was school."
"Yeah same." I said agreeing with her.
The rest of the ride was filled with music from the radio.
I was so nervous about this sleepover and I didn't know why. I've slept over Melanie's plenty of times and I wasn't even this nervous the first time I went over there. Maybe it's because it's more people. We pulled up to my house about fifteen minutes later. I had already packed my bag before I left for school so all I had to do was grab it and go. I got back in the car and we made our way to Destiny's. Melanie, Destiny and I used to be really close but then she got new friends and we kind of stopped hanging out. We still spoke to each other in the hallways but our friendship wasn't the same so I was surprised she invited us. We pulled up to a white and red, 3 story house and on the porch was Destiny's mother. Melanie and I got out of the car and walked up the stairs to the porch.
"Hey ladies it looks like you're the last two, the rest of the girls are in the basement." She said as we followed her into the house. We walked downstairs to the basement to find Destiny and three other girls  the we went to school with. We put our bags down and joined the four of them. We played board games and ate pizza, watched movies and then around eight o'clock Destiny's mom came down in the basement. "Des I'm off to work so don't make too much noise and stay out of my room."
"Okay mom, love you."
"Love you too sweetie, bye girls."
"Bye." We all said in unison. After Destiny heard her mom pull off she gave us all a menacing smile. "Now the real fun can begin." She said.
"What real fun?" Melanie asked innocently.
"We're gonna play a game." Destiny said as she sat next to Melanie.
"What game?" One of the other girls asked.
"Seven minutes in heaven."
"Uh what's that?" I asked. Destiny stood up and ordered everyone to sit in a circle while she went to grab something. She came back with a cheap bottle of her moms liquor. "Drink." She said handing it to me. I took a big gulp not realizing I was drinking alcohol and almost choked. I passed to Melanie and she passed it around until it got back to me. We all drank one more time until the liquor was gone. Destiny made everyone sit next to someone they didn't know, I was in between two of her friends, then it was Destiny, the Melanie sat right across from me. She sat the bottle in the middle of the circle and told us the rules of the game. Someone would spin the bottle and whoever the bottle landed on, they had to go in this closet in her basement for seven minutes. She didn't say we had to do anything in the closet but she implied that something was supposed to happen. She spun the bottle and it landed on her and one of her friends. They both smiled at each other and walked into the closet and closed the door behind them. We heard a few thuds and kisses and that made me kind of nervous. They had been in the closet for four minutes and then we heard soft moans, they've obviously done this before. The timer rang and we knocked on the door to let them know their time was up. The door opened and Destiny was adjusting her shorts. "Okay who's next?" She asked. We sat back in the circle and her "friend" spun the bottle, it landed on Melanie and I. "Shit." I whispered to myself. "Okay seven minutes." Destiny said shooing us in the closet. We sat in the closet in silence. I knew Melanie liked girls so this would be easy for her but it was weird for me. I could feel the alcohol in my system and everything because unclear and I could tell Melanie was feeling the same way. "Fuck it." I thought to myself. I walked over to Melanie and embraced her with a sloppy, drunk kiss and to my surprise she kissed me back. I softly touched her body as we continued to kiss and she cupped my face. Before we knew it the timer was going off and Melanie pulled away from me. I had so many thoughts going through my head, maybe I do like girls. Or maybe I just like Melanie. We opened the closet door and everyone was standing outside of the door. I pushed past everyone and grabbed my bag. I sat on the porch and waited for my mom to pick me up. I couldn't stay there with all these conflicting feelings that I had going through my body.
A knock on the door broke me out of my thoughts. I opened the door to see Taylor and Darius with Chinese food and drinks in their hands. "Hey guys." I said as I let them in.