Chapter 16

~
" this is not the end, this is only the beginning "
~

Clarissa watched on as the wolves sprinted into the darkness before she spun around and walked to the lifeless girl. She lowered herself beside her, leaning down to her ear.

She brushed away her golden curls and whispered. "Familiar scene is it not? The little wolf laying in the snow, finally meeting her end." She laughed. "You see little wolf, try as they may, no one has been able to outlast me."

Her thumb brushed snow flakes from the girl's pale cheek as he laid a kiss on her temple. "My dear husband was the greatest Alpha to walk this earth, and I was his Queen. We would have ruled the world if your mother hadn't come to the village."

Clarissa rose, sneering down at the girl. "Your champion will die, and your bones will return to the earth."

"No!" Came the distraught shout of Robert as he rushed towards Clarissa, knocking her away with his axe and kneeling by Angelica's side. "What have you done to her?"

Clarissa growled as she rose once more. "The little bitch had it coming."

Robert's fingers tightened around the hilt of the axe. He pushed himself to his feet and met Clarissa's eyes. "You will pay for this."

"You can try all you want, but you will never get close enough." The woman mocked.

Robert charged, swinging his axe. Clarissa was able to throw him, but not before the axe sliced at her bicep. She hissed as the silver burned her skin.

Robert caught himself and got ready to charge again. Just then the black wolf emerged from the darkness. His muzzle was bloody and fresh wound married his skin.

"You are both murderers!" Clarissa screamed as she clenched her fists.

"None more than you." Marcus spoke once he transformed back into a man.

"I will kill both of you. You will pay for this."

Robert once more charged at her, this time managing to sever her arm from her body. "Burn in hell."

The woman screamed as blood gushed from her shoulder, the cut was clean and blood poured like a fountain. Marcus growled as he morphed once more from man to beast and charged at Clarissa. She screamed as his teeth sunk into her neck and they fell to the ground.

He bit and tore at her flesh, breaking her neck in the process. Clarissa gave one final scream before she fell silent.

The scene was bloody and cruel. The woman dead at long last.

"Quick." Marcus said as he held out his hand for Robert's knife. "Angelica must consume her heart if she is to live."

Robert chocked on his tears. "She's dead. Her body is cold."

Marcus roared. "We don't have time for this! Just give it to me!"

Robert complied and watched silently as the man cut open the old woman's chest. His hands became bloody and the foul stench of death crept into the air.

He finally removed the heart after breaking the ribs and pushing the lungs aside, and strode over to Angelica, leaving Clarissa spread out on the ground, mimicking a Blood Eagle.