Work

RIDE WITH THE WIND

Working in a fancy restaurant is without a doubt a very tiring job, especially when it's a 4-star restaurant with its name famous among well-known idols, actors and actresses and when you are a working student. As usual, I put on my best smile to treat the customer, "may I take your order?" I ask my dear customer as we reach their reserved seats as politely as I can. Usually, those who came here are either as I said earlier or some 'ulzzang' couple or rich people for their high tea or *clears throat* with a mistress. But usually, they don't choose here because this place is pretty visible so it's easy to be caught if they have their meeting here. Sometimes couples from my college who's also my coursemate came here and I just cannot brain their deep affection...just eww. "Is that all?" I smile, they just nod then I asked them for the menu. "Thank you." Then I went on to the kitchen and gave the menu to the chef.

The restaurant was pretty breezy, not too many customers. "hey Il Hoon-nim..." having both of my elbow on the receiving counter of the restaurant, I would always do that if there are no new customers, so usually if the order is ready they would just hit my back...harshly. "Mwo?" Ilhoon-nim eyed me, he is a pretty busy man, checking everything from the computer screen as the restaurant manager he needs to check everything is in place including handling the customer reservation...hard job. "You said that uri sajang-nim are going to take a new worker..." still eyeing me, "so..." I'm tired of working here though the kitchen has enough hand, we the waiters are short of help. There's only three of us including me, imagine just three, this restaurant is pretty busy but only at certain times but the level of busy is *sigh* well this is what I signed up for, but still. "when...?" I asked him in a desperate voice. Ilhoon-nim smiles forcefully and sigh, "it's hard to find a good worker nowadays...just wait okay." I also sigh, it looks like there won't be any helper in the near future. He went on checking the computer screen as if we never had any conversation.

I knew the order was ready because someone just hit my back harshly. I turned around to face the person who hit my back, turns out it was the head chef. He eyed me in a menacing aura and he hit me again on my arms, "get off from my counter." I followed his command and rolled my eyes playfully at him which he answered with a playful glare. "Here the order." I took the order from him and put it on the food trolley. "kamsahamnida." I said playfully. At a glance, he seems like a strict chef and also a cold one but he is a very charming man and of course handsome and a very polite man. He's also the type of person who seems cold and acts like an introverted person to the people he just met but after some time you spend time with him; he is the extroverted person in a get-together. He also had a great sense of humor and he is someone you can joke with.

As I stride off to deliver the order to my customer, in the corner of my eyes I saw what could be the worst person at the worse place ever. I just hope that I don't have to take their order especially with him there, which could be horrendous.

I went into the kitchen so I can avoid being stared at by him. After only a few seconds I chatted with the kitchen staff, Ilhoon-nim popped his head from the kitchen door. "Yah! Yang SeeJin!" he screams in a hushed tone, all of us in the kitchen jumped a bit. "What are you doing here? Chit-chatting for. There's a new customer out there and they're someone you don't want to mess with." He shouts softly to me, "where are the others?!"I shouted in a hushed tone, "they're on a break, now hurry up."

I pick up my memo, clearly feeling a bit annoyed. 'Damn it, I really hate this. Ughh!' Sighing my way out, every step that I take feels so heavy. 'Why me God why me!'

Sighing for the last time before reaching his table. As our eyes met, I can feel the tension rising.