Hot Filler

The sun came up and greeted me through the small opening of my curtains, I instantly wake up. After done brushing my teeth and take a shower, I got ready for my part-time job. As I was getting ready my phone alerts me a message has come in and I pick my phone up and saw HaeRa's name. I read the message; 'SeeJin ah, for today's discussion we'll be at the 99 café okay at 12 PM.'

'de.'

'I'll pick you up at your workplace okay.'

'de.'

'answer more would you?'

'arasoyeo.'

Then she went offline, I don't like to answer a very long message, its too much work. After that, I went out early morning because this morning I'm in charge of opening the store. From my share house, I went straight and took a right turn towards the city, our share house was pretty close to the city center and the university. After that turn, I made a shortcut through the alley and I arrive at the same block as the restaurant I worked at. As I walked, I could see some of the stores are still close and some are just like me that have an early morning shift but overall the early morning is still more peaceful with its cold air and very little people and I enjoy this very much because it really clears my head over anything trivial.

After a few minutes of walking I finally arrive at the restaurant, I looked at the sign 'LE CHERE' and I have no idea what it means probably the owner just picked out random names for the restaurant when he first opened it just to make it fancier. I sigh and opened the restaurant door, "time to get to work." Le Chere are not that big compared to other restaurants, we here only has around 10 tables probably that's why Le Chere was categorized as one of the most exclusive eating places cause not everyone can get to eat here. The system that we practiced here is reservation but sometimes when the reservations didn't make it we accept first come first serve customs.

After I cleaned all the tables and placed down the chairs, sweep and mop the floor, I went to the kitchen and to the locker room and change my normal clothes to my working uniform and tie my hair to a bun, ahh much lighter, I definitely gonna cut my hair shorter next time I'm at the hair salon. As I slammed my locker door when I looked to my side I was suddenly greeted by one of the kitchen staff. "kkamjjag-Iya, yah GeumBak ah what the heck!" he then looked at me innocently, "you should see your face, its hilarious."

He then proceeds to open his locker, he was wearing a simple black shirt with a 'LIVE' written on the top left of his shirt and a pair of jeans. He then opens his black shirt in front of me revealing his fit body, "excuse me?" he looked at me with a questioning eye "what?" he asked innocently, he then looked up and down his muscular body, he gave me the side look "tch, c'mon you have seen this perfect body a lot of times already." I rolled my eyes at him, "yeah right." He gave me that side looks again while putting on his working attire. I went to the bathroom for the staff in the locker room and while I was in the bathroom GeumBak shout at me, "by the way SeeJin ah you're early today." While I was washing my hand, "I'm in charge today to open the store." After that, I went out of the bathroom. GeumBak has already changed his jeans into a black pair of slacks.

GeumBak is a year older than me and he used to study as an engineering student but he said that it is not his passion so he changed his course to be a chef. He works here much longer than I did and beside HyoShik nim, he is one of the famous ones in the restaurant too. This restaurant got famous of course by its delicious food but it is also by the handsome faces of the restaurant, just imagine the food that you eat was cooked by handsome people and was delivered by college kids who look straight out of comic books well except me because I'm a girl and I don't look like straight out from a comic book.

Then GeumBak went to the kitchen and prepared the ingredients and all of those kitchen things that they need to use later and I helped him with it cause I don't have anything to do now. Well, the kitchen needs a lot of things to prepare so that's why they need a lot of hands, ah I shouldn't have complained to IlHoon nim about the waiter not having a lot of help. Then GeumBak suddenly speaks out, "You know even if there's a little order coming from you guys we still need to prepare a lot of ingredients, and the process is very hard." He fake crying, "so why did you end up becoming a sous chef?" he stopped his fake crying and looked at me with a cherry expression, "because everything is a fun process." I playfully rolled my eyes at him.

After that, the staff started coming in and of course JiHan the waiter was the last to arrive. Then after preparing everything that we need to prepare, of course, we need to do 'that' thing. Ilhoon-nim called all of the staff to the kitchen, we put our hand on top of each other at the center, "1 2 3!" Ilhoon nim shout out, "Gaja!" we all shout in sync. We did this cheer every day to fill ourselves with a fighting spirit so that we can work energetically or so that's what ilhoon nim says.

We work like usual, taking the order, preparing the order, delivering the order, show them the bill then lastly clearing the tables and that cycle just went on and on. My shift ended at lunch, then like HaeRa told me, she picked me up from my workplace.

We then arrived at 99 Café where HaeRa ordered a glass of latte and I just order some jasmine tea. "arraseoyo, let's not dilly-dally and get straight to the chase." I nod at her words while sipping my drinks. She then let out two envelopes from her women kind of briefcase, she then put both of them down on the table. "this one," she pointed at the left envelope with the name of the company which HaeRa is working for, "is your contract and this one," she then pointed at the envelope which has nothing on it, "is your script." I nod, "this is it?" she then nods.

"Let us open the contract first." I told her, "right, as expected of a business student." I just let out my sigh. Nevertheless, she opens it and gave it to me. I read the contract through, as a business student, we were taught to scan the contract to search for any iniquity between the employer and the employee and to make sure this is the right contract which is a service contract between a freelancer and a company. I read it for the third time to really make sure everything is correct from the details to the payments and because I'm not a professional actress the pay is a bit low but just right for my working experience in acting in which I have never, ever.

I put down the contract, "well it's legit and fair, so okay, where do I sign it?" Haera's face lit up and give me the pen to sign the contract and then she went to the last page which requires my sign and Haera's. "and now all of that is done, let us shake our hands." Haera demanded me to do so as she raises her hand to me, I did what she wants me to do. "so the script," I asked her, "oh yeah." She picked up the script and gave it to me. She looks very excited, "why do you look excited?" then she looks at me innocently, "oh nothing."

"by the way who is the actor that I'm going to work with?" she was taken aback with my question, "why, what?" once again she replied 'nothing'. Whatever. I read the script it's a romance kind of thing, not sure if I can perfect this. The script doesn't really have any conversation there's only one time and that is at the start of the acting and its pretty long. Ah now I get it . "okay arraseo, I know, I get it." Haera gave a side-eye while sipping her latte and then she put down her latte, "okay then, I don't have to explain it for a long time then." I nod.

After ending our discussion she took me back to Le Chere and then we parted ways. Ah, work again. For the filming, we'll be shooting for 3 to 4 days and Haera says that they don't tell a freelancer actress like me, about who they would be working with because all of them are mainly some famous celebrity and they don't want the story and the filming to be leaked out. we'll be meeting on the day of the filming and act accordingly to the script. Mhmm... something just doesn't feel right... Well, whatever. Time to work.