Part 19

Tommy had chosen one of Elsie's newer horses, Forrest, to join Holly and Hellion. They packed them up in one of Elsie's horse boxes. "Tommy, I can't drive" Elsie said. "Who's going to drive your car back?"

"I'll leave the car here, I'll come by with one of my brothers to pick it back up when I get a chance"

"Okay" Elsie said before throwing him the keys, "we better leave now or you'll be late for your own party" They both climbed in the vehicle and Thomas started the lorry, driving their way to Tommy's house.

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"Did Tommy buy new horses?" John said as he stood with his brothers and the other people invited, looking at Tommy driving up the road.

"That's not Tommy's lorry." Finn said, running a hand over his face.

"Whose is it then?" John asked his younger brother. Finn just told him to look and they spotted Elsie in the front seat next to Thomas. "Oh"

Tommy parked it in front of the stables and Elsie jumped out happily, she waved to the men and went and helped Tommy take the horses out of the back. Tommy took Forrest out first and Elsie grabbed Holly and Hellion.

Holly began messing around and rearing so Elsie let go of her. "Holly!" Elsie said, trying to calm the horse down. Instead Holly trotted over to Finn and nudged her head against his shoulder. Finn grabbed her head-collar and led her back over to Elsie.

"Finn, you'll have that horse since she likes you the most" Tommy said as he began assigning people to horses.

Everyone tacked up their horses and got on them with their guns in hands, Elsie had hers in her hand and all the men looked at her strangely. "Do you know how to even shoot that thing?" John laughed.

Elsie glared at him, "of course I know how to shoot it" Elsie snapped at him, "just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I'm not capable." She trotted Hellion away from them. Finn trotted next to her. "Are you going to tell me too that I can't shoot?" She said offhandedly.

"No, Tommy told me you shot a couple pheasants yesterday, he said they tasted great" Finn said with a smile, trying to get her to smile too.

"I did" she smiled, "do you know what we're hunting for?"

"Deer?" Finn said questionably, "I'm not sure"

"I've never gone hunting on horseback before, I'm not sure how the horses will react. They should be fine but just be wary, I'll need to tell Isaiah that as well, I'm not sure about Forrest"

"All right lads, and lady" Thomas said, winking at Elsie. "Let's go"

Everyone followed Tommy into one of the many fields surrounding the place. "Thomas" Elsie said as she made her way next to him. "I know a place which deer have been sighted a lot, well, back when I lived here" Elsie told him. She proceeded to tell him where it was and they headed in that direction.

They spotted a huge buck grazing in the middle of a field after half an hour wandering around, Tommy and his brothers, plus Michael and Isaiah, hopped off their horses and Tommy was the one to shoot it. From the sound of the gun shot several birds flew up in the sky, Elsie aimed and shot one and then proceeded to shoot another one. Curly and Charlie looked at her, impressed, she them galloped over to where she saw the pheasants land. She picked them both up once she found them, and tied them to her saddle. "Good boy Hellion!" Elsie said, patting him before climbing back on him and then galloping towards all of them men who were lugging the buck back towards Curly and Charlie.