Part 31

"You know, I really hope this war between you lot and the Italians diminishes soon. I'm so sick of these family meetings especially since I'm not even family" Elsie pouted as she was being dragged by Finn to the family meeting, which happened after the gunfight between the Peaky Blinders and the Changrettas.

"It'll happen a lot more." Finn told her as they found the car to drive them to Tommy's house.

"Can't you go by yourself and then repeat everything back to me afterwards?" Elsie questioned watching Linda and Arthur get in the car.

"You know I'd probably forget something" Finn told her and she giggled.

"Yeah, you're right. Let's go" Elsie and Finn then got in the car and then Arthur drove them all to Tommy's house, where Lizzie, Johnny Dogs and Charlie were already there, just entering the house.

They got out of the car and entered the house. Arthur sat down at the table and started preparing some snow. "What the fuck happened today, Tom? We all heard-shooting in Artillery Square" Arthur asked the blue eyed man.

Elsie was at the hospital visiting Michael at this time, since Finn told her to stay away from their house for a while, now she sees why.

"Yeah, there was. Today I killed three men. Now our enemies are down to eight."

"I suppose they, er, I suppose they took you by surprise, did they?"

"No, I knew they were coming," Tommy said simply to his older brother.

"Just after Christmas, I received a letter from Luca Changretta offering to spare my son if I gave up Tommy" Polly pitched in, "and I gave Tommy up"

"Because that's the plan that Polly and I agreed on. I knew that Luca would want to pull the trigger himself, so I used the set-up as bait to bring him here" as Tom was speaking Arthur sniffed up his cocaine.

"You're a fucking idiot, Tom!" Arthur said loudly.

"Look" Tommy sighed, "I didn't get Luca but I got three, all right? That's it, that's what happened" Little Charlie wandered in, "come here, you" Tommy said, picking up his boy.

"Aye, but he's right, ah. I mean, I thought you'd gone soft" Johnny Dogs said. "So you got three?"

"Yeah, I got three" Tommy confirmed.

"Well, I'll drink to you, Tom you mad bastard" the older Charlie said, holding up his drink slightly before sipping it.

Everyone else raised their glass as well and drank to it. Arthur stood up and went towards his brother, "pretty soon you'll, you're going to get the shakes when your blood cools down. Let's go get a drink"

"Dad?" Charlie looked up at his dad innocently, "you got three what?"

"I got three shillings for a two shilling horse, my boy. You come with us, eh?" Tommy led everyone out of the building and got everyone to the Garrison.

Finn and Elsie sat in one of the private booths. "Finn, yesterday, when Michael got attacked, where did you lot go?" She questioned, drinking some of her gin.

"Well, Arthur got invited to this ladies' house, our new house, and we thought he'd be in trouble. But it turns out that it was just a decoy and the real target was Michael. We tried to get there in time but we didn't" Finn frowned.

"At least we didn't get hurt. Well, Michael got push over and I got hit on the head by a bag. But otherwise unharmed."

Finn took Elsie's hand and pulled her closer to him, "I'm glad you're alright"

"I'm glad too, because if I weren't, I couldn't do this" Elsie climbed onto his lap and wrapped her legs around his waist, kissing him, her hands crawling up into his hair, mussing up his ginger hair.

Finn groaned, his hands held Elsie in place by the small of her back and pulled her impossibly closer to him. When Elsie pulled back for air, Finn kissed her neck, she let out a soft moan. "Fuck, Finn" she gasped.

As she said this the door opened and Isaiah walked in before freezing, realising what he just walked in on, "sorry, Finn, Elsie. I'll just leave so you two can carry on"

"Nah, Isaiah, it's fine, come in. You've ruined the mood anyway" She joked the last part, she went to get off of Finn's lap but he held her still. She looked at him, surprised, he gave her a pleading look and then she realised why he didn't want her to move.

"So, Isaiah, what's been up with you?" Elsie questioned, turning to him on Finn's lap, feeling it underneath her. She heard a sharp intake of breath from Finn, she grinned mischievously.

"Just doing things for Tom. Mostly just patrolling streets, some of our pubs, that sort of thing." Isaiah shrugged, "I heard you and Michael got attacked at the hospital"

"We're fine" Elsie said, "we just got pushed around a bit"

"I also heard that you two moved in together and got together" Isaiah said, "I had to hear that from Mickey, thought that'd be something you'd tell your best friend first"

"We've been busy" Elsie started.

"And you haven't been around much" Finn said, finally letting Elsie off of him, now that his problem got sorted. "We would've told you as soon as we saw you"

Isaiah just took a drag from his cigarette. "If you two get engaged or you have a baby, I want to be the first to know, all right?" Isaiah told the pair.

"Okay" Finn told him, and Elsie agreed.

~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"That is not where we said the cabinet was going to go!" Elsie exclaimed at Isaiah and Finn, they both groaned loudly before moving it to the right spot. "You know" Elsie started playfully, "I think it looked better where you put it before"

Both men put their hands up in defeat before backing away, telling her it looked fine where it is, "Wow, this place is looking good" Ada said, walking into the house with a basket of food, she placed the basket on the table before pulling Elsie into a hug.

"It's only this room which is presentable, upstairs is the mess, our room's getting there" she looked towards Finn who was placing some of their bottles and decanters of alcohol into the cabinet. "We still need to get a new bed frame"

"Oh" Ada looked at her wide eyed, "you two broke the bed, eh?" Ada smirked.

Elsie flushed, "no, no, no!" She quickly denied, "it's just so squeaky-" Ada gave her another sly smile, "NO! Not like that either. Finn, your sister is bullying me" she turned to her boyfriend who pulled her into his chest.

"Ada, how have you bullied Elsie?" He asked with an eyebrow quirked and an amused smile.

"She was telling me about how you two need a new bed frame, says yours is too squeaky" Ada replied.

"Yeah, we do- Ada, I see where you're going with that" he shook his head, "filthy mind you have" he scoffed. Ada laughed at the pair.

"Anyway, I was only coming by to drop that basket off and to see the place. If you need any help decorating I'm bored at home" Ada told them, "I'll see you two tomorrow, bye Isaiah" she said as she walked towards the front door and then she walked out of it.