Part 29

"So we just got together and you're already leaving me on a mission" Elsie pouted from the bed as Finn accidentally woke her up, since he dropped his shoes on the floor, startling her.

"I'm sorry but this is important" Finn told her with sorry eyes, "Hopefully it won't take all day"

"It better not" Elsie pouted, she stood up and pulled him into a hug before he went to leave the house, "you better not get hurt" Elsie told him, pressing her lips to his,

"I won't, I promise" he told her pecking her lips once more before leaving the house.

Elsie deciding that she would be alone for a few hours, decided she'd go visit Michael at the hospital to tell him about her and Finn finally getting together and just to keep him company since he must be bored senseless being stuck there.

She drove her own car there and managed to get in without any hassle and through the guards after Michael insisted that she was safe and that he knew her.

"I can't believe they didn't recognised me" Elsie said, pouting towards the door then taking a seat and dragging it next to his bed.

"I think they're new, I'm not sure" Michael shrugged from his seat. "I'm glad you're here. It's gotten quite boring with no visitors, well, visits which aren't business related"

Elise giggled, "you poor thing" Michael rolled his eyes at her, "I've got some news" Elsie then announced.

"What sort of news?" Michael asked, sitting up straighter, though wincing since it hurt.

"Finn and I are now officially together" Elsie smiled.

"Oh, wow. Congratulations" Michael said, sounding genuinely happy for them.

Elsie told him what previously happened to the both of them during the past couple days. "So you're telling me that you fucked some stranger, have a chance that you're pregnant and you don't want to know who it is?" Michael summed up.

"Exactly" Elsie said, "I'd only want to know if I'm actually pregnant which I hope not. I don't want kids right now"

"Would you keep the kid if you were?" Michael asked, Elsie looked at him, wondering why he got so tense but answered him anyway.

"Yeah, I would. But if it's too much to handle maybe I'd send them to an orphanage or something. I'm not sure Michael" Elsie said, they both looked up and saw a nurse walking in. She placed something on the table before grabbing a bag which Elsie saw had a gun in it.

Michael and Elsie both went to stop her but she grabbed the bag, pushed Michael down and hit Elsie around the face with the bag causing her to fall too. Both young adults heard a gunshot in the hallway, both of them swore.

Elsie tried to help Michael onto the bed, trying not to cause him much pain. Elsie looked up and saw a man walking in who then bolted the door. Michael then looked up too.

"Uh, uh, uh" the man said, pointing to the bed, "a hat on the bed's unlucky. My family" the man started walking closer to Michael, "they say it brings death. Maybe. Maybe that's what happened last time my man was sent for you, you got lucky" The man pulled out a pistol, and pressed it to Michael's forehead, "now, your lucks ran out"

"No!" Elsie screamed as he pressed the trigger but it only clicked, Michael gave a shaky breath of relief.

The man turned to Elsie, "who are you, beautiful?" Elsie gave him a dirty look. "It's okay, I know who you are, Elsie Winters. I'll leave you for now" the man smiled creepily, causing disgusted shivers down her spine. "And" he turned back to Michael, "tell your mother we have a deal" he winked at them before leaving.

Michael and Elsie turned to each other in shock, she pulled the man into a hug, Elsie shook with sobs while Michael still seemed to be in a state of shock as his arms were still flat against his sides, staring blankly at the place where he walked out.

They both sat back down when they heard more footsteps coming rapidly down the hallway, Elsie moved closer to her bag and grabbed the gun which she kept with her and held it out in front of them, just incase they were the enemies.

Once the door burst open, she dropped the gun when she saw the three remaining Shelby brothers, Finn inmediatly rushed over to Elsie and hugged her, rubbing her back as she cried, he gently kissed the top of her head. "Shh, Elsie. It's okay. You're alright" he cooed, trying to get her to calm down, they both blocked out everyone else's conversation.

Arthur left with Johnny Dogs and Tommy told Finn to stay with the pair until some new men showed up to take up guard duty.

"You're always at the place where trouble happens" Finn told Elsie. 

"I know" Elsie sighed, "It's my magic power. Knowing when and where, I'm most likely going to die" she said darkly. "Finn, he didn't kill either of us. He said "I'll leave you for now" to me, does that mean he's planning to capture me?" She questioned with fear laced into her voice.

"I won't let that happen. We won't let that happen"

The new guards came and Finn and Elsie went back in her car, with Finn driving. "Can we go get a drink?" Elsie questioned him as they were almost at Small Heath.

"Let's park up and then get a drink." Finn told her, parking up next to their house and then they walked down to the Garrison. Finn ordered them both a whiskey and Elsie gulped hers back instantly and asked for another one.

"I remember when you wouldn't even touch a alcoholic drink" Finn commented, sipping his drink.

"I was stupid back then" Elsie said, "this is good" she said, holding up the glass slightly before sipping it too.

"You also get drunk a lot" Finn said.

Elsie glared at him and said nothing.

"El, sorry. I just don't want you to get drunk and fuck someone again"

Elsie stood up and left her drink half empty on the bar and left the pub, deciding it'd be best not to say anything or it'll just get worse.

"Elsie" Finn shouted, running towards her and turning her so she'd face him. She kept her eyes looking down. "Okay, I'm really not good at wording things and I know you told me not to bring up what happened but I can't help it. Doesn't it affect you that you don't know who you lost your virginity to?"

"No, Finn. It doesn't" she finally spoke up, looking up at him, "I really don't want to know. What if it was one of your friends, eh? What if it was Mickey or Isaiah?" Elsie questioned.

"I doubt that you'd do that" Finn told her.

"But what if I did? You'd hurt them right? Even though we weren't together at the time" Elsie said.

"Elsie-" Finn said defeatedly.

"No, Finn, give me space. We haven't even been a couple for a whole day and we're fighting" she threw her arms up in the air and walked away.