Chapter Two

Last night I picked up a little bit of a fancier suit. I felt the one I had was a little underdressed for this place. I had to grab a coffee on my way in because I haven't had to wake up at a normal hour in weeks.

I met the same receptionist at the desk and let her know everything I'd been told and she let me know how to get where I needed to be, she said it was the same as last night so she wasn't going to escort me up again. It looked a little busier in the lobby here this morning so I didn't argue with her.

I tried to remember her instructions as I got on the elevator.

Liam was on the floor last night when I told him they offered me the job right then and there. He pried and pried and pried and I told him I literally signed papers stating I wouldnt speak about it to anyone without approval from harry styles himself. He was floored at that one as well. I'm a little floored myself if I'm being honest. The past 24 hours have been a whirlwind.

This is probably the wildest my life has ever been in the 29 years I've been on this planet.

I did tell Liam about how there were so many young people who worked here.

I met two and I saw several around the building. Young people aged probably 18-22 all around.

It was just more than I expected to see in a company this size, and they weren't interns delivering coffee. A lot of them held working positions. The man who 'did my paperwork' with me was under 21 for sure.

I made my way out the elevator and now I was in familiar territory, at least I think so.

I made my way to the same waiting area I had been in last night, this time actually greeted by a secretary sitting at a desk.

The desk hadn't been there last night.

This place is just fucking weird.

"Hello, Mr. Tomlinson," she stood up as I walked over, shaking my hand, "Mr. Styles will be getting out of a meeting within the hour to meet with you, but you can go ahead to your office,"

My office?

I have an office?

She led me through the large doors to the office I had been in last night.

"Here we are," she motioned for me to enter, "Just keep aquatinted while we wait for Mr. Styles," she smiled at me and walked out, ignoring how obviously confused I was.

This is a scam. I'm going to get murdered.

I walked over to the desk, it was now clear of all the files from last night. The unlocked drawers were empty and there was a single Mac laptop on the desk.

I looked around the room and all the furniture and decorations were the same. The bookcase seems to have all the same books as trinkets on it as last night.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket, seeing the expected texts from Liam asking me how it's going,

I was too nervous to think about it. I haven't a clue what im 'allowed' to talk about and what I'm not.

He'll berate me later tonight asking all about it I'm sure, so it can wait.

There was a knock on the door and the same blonde headed lad from last night walked through the doors, "Mr. Tomlinson, sadly Styles will not be joining us today, but I have some work for you," he handed me a plain Manila folder, "This has a little bit of an explanation in it, along with your company log-in, everything for today will be on the computer," he rushed through the explanation and looked at his watch.

"I have a phone call to make, ill be back in a few hours," he turned and walked away before I could say a single word, pulling a cellphone out of his pocket as the doors closed behind him.

I took a deep breathe and ran my hand over my face. This job is going to age me.

It will all be worth it when the first paycheck hits. I can pay back Liam, get my own place.

The first page of the contents of the folder was a photocopied version of the disclosure agreement I had signed last night, my signature at the bottom of the page, the second page was copies of tax documents and stuff, just things I would need for my files and such.

There was an employee handbook and my employee badge and ID card.

The last two pages were what counted.

The first, my employee log-in and instructions on what to do; fill out some more information.

Then the last page, a hand written note.

Hello Mr. Tomlinson,

I'm sorry to postpone our official meeting any longer, as I am looking forward to meeting you.

I've included my personal phone number, as well as an email. Please contact me by email if it is not urgent. I don't expect you to run into any problems today, I assume you're greatly competent.

It's a given that you're wondering why you're here, I was supposed to explain it to you today. Once you log on, please set up your email and send me a message so I can get some information to you as soon as possible.

-Harry Styles

I'm shook.
It seems it was written hastily, it didn't seem to flow as nicely as what I would expect from someone of Harry's stature.

I opened up the Mac and typed in the log-in I was given.

It prompted me to come up with my own password before I could continue.

After that was taken care of, I had to go to the Styles website and log in with my new password and create my email.

All I did was click on the email icon and it was made for me.

LouTom@StylesNet.com

Great it looks stupid.

After I set up my email it opened my empty inbox. I composed a quick message to Harry, just saying I set up my email and all.

I looked around the window, trying to accommodate myself with the way it was set up.

Before I could even finish looking through the email setup, I got a reply from HarryStyles@StylesNet.com:

Hello Mr. Tomlinson,

I'm glad you're becoming comfortable with the system. A quick job description is included in the link below. The second link is what I need you to do today. I'll be seeing you soon.

Sent from my IPhone

It sent a short panic through me that I was going to know what I would be doing at this company. I don't think I've ever sweat so much being so nervous about it. I

A million thoughts ran through my head as I clicked on the link.

It was an audio message, and as I clicked on it I really didn't know what to expect.

"Hello, Louis," a deep voice started, "I'm in the car right now so I apologize for any background noise," he talked slow and his English accent that matched mine was heavy, "As you may know I'm not too fond of showing my face. Lots of people don't seem to like that," he sounded young, is this Harry? "What I need from you is very very simple,"

There was a pause, some talking in the background.

This can't be Harry. A man to have founded this company would have to be at-least 25-26 by now. The company is 4 years old.

"I need you, to be me." The audio message cut off and I sat back in my chair.

Is this a joke?

Will I actually keep a steady upload schedule this time?
Who could say.
I hope y'all are liking it as of now. I know it's kinda boring bc there's no Larry 👅 but ya know, we'll get there

Not edited.