4: The Threat

My tears fell continuously as my heart kept pounding, skipping some beats. I am sweating bullets as I shivered in the middle of the air. I am too scared at the moment, I feel as if I am a lost child in the middle of nowhere, weeping for my mom.

He just threw me in the air like I was about to burst to space. I don't know if he will kill me but I am not ready to die. I haven't forgiven my mother, I haven't achieved my dreams, and I haven't fulfilled anything. The fact that he was the one who caused that awful morning was just too hard for me to take it all in—I do believe the authorities saying that he did that. Those screams, those spilling of blood, those extreme explosions, and those flying and banging of cars are all dragging my mind into chaos as I remembered everything. It was frightening. This is also frightening.

Now, my heart feels like it's about to explode. I was still floating and I could feel his gravity, holding me. In the other side of myself, I want to face him confidently but never the thought that I could enjure it. Now, I want to fade away from this scene and just have a painless death. Yet I want to escape from his grasps but I am too powerless to fight him. He is a psychic and I am a no one. There's already a big difference in the first place.

As I realized all this, fear even conquered my frozen body. I want to scream for help but I lost all my bravery, but still, I wept like an annoying baby. I know I looked like an idiot and it was childish, but at the same time, I did not care.

Right now, all I can hear is his evil laugh and feel his arrogance, this is just too embarrassing. Gladly, he cannot see my face as I'm pretty sure it looks disgusting. I am in a state of disgrace and I am loosing my dignity.

"Hahahahahaha! By the way, thanks for this food!" He teased like a noisy bullying child with his voice echoing at the distance, that made me realize that he took my food when I thrusted in the air, but I have to ignore him.

After all, he was still at the edge of the roof, sitting so comfortably.

"Stop crying like a baby!" He shouted and heard an approaching voice towards the distance.

Suddenly, his feet came into my sight, my hair slightly sliding against my shoulders from the impact he created on landing. Gladly, I could no longer hear his annoying scary laugh.

So I turned my head upwards but my eyes struggled to see his face because I was too low from the ground, the angle wasn't enough. My weeping faded slowly when he started giving steps--it was only a few--and walked towards me. Until he stopped, his plain black running shoe almost touching my nose, making me shiver even more. I can feel his intimidating aura even from his feet. What will he do now?

"Stop that," he urged in a very deep serious tone and those words gave more intense shivers to my core.

From that intimidating command, I decided to stop crying.

But then, it made me even realize that he's really powerful, in my guess, a level four which is the most dangerous level a psychic could ever reach because of being uncontrollable. In his case, he can control it perfectly. Perhaps, he is actually a level five?

Well if he is, it is too unbelievable. No one has ever reached that level yet. If so, Level B City is full of ruckus and secrets. Normal people won't like that.

"D-Don't k-kill me..." my fear accidentally made me speak yet I do not regret it, so I clenched my teeth and fought the gravity around me to carry myself and my bag behind me.

"Tsk. I won't..." he spoke in a very deep tone, yet my ears cheered.

I let out a relieved breath, and for a moment, I thought my life is going to end.