Epilogue

*24 hours earlier

The southern ledges of Mount Congregation had some of the most alluring views in the Mystic World. One could bask in the sights of Ezis and the seemingly infinite cornfields to the Southwest of the Silver Skyline.

Seemingly as far away sat the visibly distorted natural barriers of The Arch: "The Bent," we called them. Although these mountains were as tall as the Delian Mountains, Mount Congregation still towered above them. Hence the name, "The Bent."

Along the precipices here, you would have to mind the sudden gusts of wind coming from below. This place had a reputation for beauty, but also for its toll on the unbalanced of feet. The latter part got this place closed to visitors some time ago.

That of course, was my excuse to have the meeting held here. But if I knew any better, my briefer would be unsatisfied If I told him or her that I simply wanted to see a peaceful Atlantis one last time.

Of course, the clinking of her metal footwear and the distinct sound of a fluttering robe confirmed my suspicions.

I had arrived here 3 hours earlier than the scheduled meeting time, but that was five minutes ago. Do the math. All that time left was reserved for me. My sister always made it her mission to keep me away from any kind of rest.

With a sigh, I grabbed my report from behind my shoulder and sat up.

A part of me wanted to stroll along to ledges away from her, forcing her to follow me until she was frustrated enough for my amusement. But it was the wrong time for reliving childhood, especially when this mission brief may be the last one I'll ever get.

The quickening pace of the clinking footfalls in the direction of the western ledges compelled me to start walking, and quicker than I normally would. The rock faces I'm on are no place for a meeting. It was almost nightfall, and soon, there would be no sunlight to guide my steps on the precarious ledges. My creature form was no flier, and I couldn't count on four legs and a larger body to save me from a 2,500-foot drop.

In my concentration to keep a steady footing, it surprised me to bump into her. Even though I wasn't going to fall, she made sure to grab the collar of my cloak as if she saved me from falling.

I thought she was being her usual dumb self, but instead of hoisting me back up, she held me right where I was. My report went floating down, blown from my capitulated hold on it. But my sister didn't seem to care, in fact, she kept her brown eyes locked on me.

Her pupils were noticeably dilated, and that wild gaze had been accompanied by an unfriendly smile. Also, her hair was white and shorter than I last remember. Oh Nedlas, what have they done to you?

"Hello Soaldin," she greeted me in a deep-throated voice.

Unfazed by the abyss I was held over, my causal voice was the one to respond.

"What's my next target Nedlas? I gave Typhon the army he needs. What kind of mission am I here to be briefed on?"

With her buff arms, Nedlas simply tugged my collar to get me perfectly balanced on the cliff side.

I felt something snap while I was being pulled. She took my Shard.

"What? You're doing it now?"