Chapter 1: Previous Engagement

"That wasn't the exact way I would've liked to announce our engagement but now everyone knows." I smiled up at Corbyn.

"Everybody knows & they're happy for us."

"You're lucky I love you."

"You guys are cute & all but you're making me sick." Aubrielle laughed as she threw a pillow across the room, nearly knocking Corbyn off the couch.

"Babe, they're cute & in love. Leave them alone." Jonah smiled before kissing her head & walking into the kitchen.

"I'll leave them alone when they stop making out in front of me." she followed him.

"We weren't making out."

"Yeah. Plus, we were in the room first so that's all on you." Corbyn let out a chuckle & returned his focus to my hand, which was playing with the diamond ring on my finger. "How many times are you gonna play with that ring?"

"I can't help it. You picked out the most beautiful ring I've ever seen. It's so simple but so elegant. It's not flashy or gaudy & that's what I love about it."

"I'm glad you love it." he smiled. "But sometimes, I think you love it more than you love me."

"What? No. There's nothing or nobody in the world I love more than you."

"I know. I was just testing you. I know you love me a lot."

"You suck."

"But you love me. You just said so."

"I'm starting to rethink that choice." I smirked & watched as he threw his head back in laughter. That's a thing I really loved about our relationship. We could joke & say stuff like this all the time & neither of us would get offended by it. Plus, his laughter is the most adorable sound I've ever heard. Corbyn truly makes my heart full & I'm so lucky to have found him.

~~~~~~~~~~

"So who's gonna be your maid of honor?" Angel asked me. The girls and I were sitting around the kitchen table & by the girls and I, I mean Angel, Aubrielle, Belle, Gabbie, Sydnie, Ava, Isla, Ashley, Anna, Esther, Svea & Reese. All the sisters had come to visit when they heard of the engagement.

"There's a lot to choose from. I don't have a maid of honor yet but I do have a job for Isla, Svea & Reese, if they're interested, of course."

"What is it?"

"How would the world's 3 most adorable little girls like to be flower girls?"

"I would love that." Isla giggled.

"Me too. Sounds like fun."

"Okay so that's one decision made towards the wedding. What's next?" Aubrielle looked up at me.

"I have no idea. I've never planned a wedding before."

"Should we consult an expert?"

"What do you mean?"

"Let's ask one of our moms. They've all been married before." Sydnie suggested.

"That's not what I meant by professional, but sure. Let's ask your mom for some tips." Angel smiled.

"I'll go get her." Ava stood up & walked or the door. Minutes later, she returned with not only our mom but Keri & Myta as well.

"Oh, honey. I'm so excited about this. I can't believe you're getting married."

"I know. I can't believe it either."

"I always knew it was going to be you & Corbyn. Even when you were with Jonah, I was thinking 'Hmm, when are Abby & Corbyn gonna stop being stupid & realize that they're the ones who really should be together?' Sorry sweetie."