Chapter 2: The WDW Olympics

"So, the first day of summer is tomorrow. Do you guys know what that means?" Jonah asked as he walked into our apartment with Aubrielle & Zach.

"The Why Don't We Summer Olympics?"

"Absolutely. We'll be picking teams later."

"Usual wager?"

"You bet."

Every summer since I met the boys, they've been including the girls & I in their Summer Olympics. It is an entire week of events, from swimming laps to running, and we pick 2 captains, who in turn, pick their teams the day before the festivities. The usual bet that is the losing team has to be assigned to a member of the winning team and be their servant for a whole week. It's become kind of an official event with our moms (and by our moms, I mean my mom, Keri & Myta since Saskia & Carrie have to work) as the judges. They secretly record the scores for each event on a piece of paper & at the end of the week, they add the points up & we have a ceremony to announce the winner. It started off being a nuisance but since the first year we did it, whatever team I'm on always wins. It's kind of fun.

"I hope I get to be on Abby's team." Zach smiled.

"Me too."

"We'll see as soon as everyone gets here." Jonah smiled & sat down. "Oh, speaking of which, Eben said he had a surprise for us."

"Awesome." I sat with Zach & we started a conversation as we waited.

An hour later, the entirety of our group, minus Eben, was gathered in mine & Corbyn's living room. Keri had a bowl with all our names in it & we were all getting anxious just waiting for Eben to arrive with his surprise.

"Mom, can we just pick teams now? I'm bored." Daniel whined.

"Not yet. We need to wait for Eben."

"He's taking forever & Angel and I have a date in a few hours."

"Fine. If he's not here within the next 20 minutes, you can pick your teams." she told him & just as the words left her mouth, Eben walked in.

"Finally!"

"Hey everybody. I have a big surprise for you guys." Eben smiled and reached out into the hall to grab something. Seconds later, his sister was standing in the doorway.

"Maggie. Oh my goodness. What brings you to LA?" I asked while hugging my old best friend.

"Eben asked me to come visit for a bit. He mentioned something about being part of the Summer Olympics since someone is no longer included."

Right. Zach & Belle are no longer together. The day after I included her in my party, she moved & they decided that long distance wasn't going to work so they broke up. It was a sad day for everyone & I don't think Zach will be over her anytime soon.

"Awesome. We're getting ready to pick the team captains." I told her as she sat in the free spot I made. I went over to Corbyn & stood by him.

"Okay. The first captain is..." Keri smiled & pulled out a piece of paper. "Eben."

"Yay." he chuckled.

"And the second captain is..." my mom grabbed a slip of paper. "Jack."

"Who gets to pick first though?" they asked.

"I'll flip a coin." Corbyn suggested while he pulled one out of his pocket & flipped it. "Call it in the air."

"Heads."

"Tails." Jack called out. Corbyn caught it & looked at the face on the coin.

"Looks like Eben picks first."