Chapter 3: Closing Ceremony

The first 3 events of the week were pretty impressive. All 6 of the people who already went did extremely well, especially Jack. His performance during the relay was incredible. Corbyn did great too but I'm hoping Jack won the event.

Now, it was my time to go. And like even had said the other day, he was saving me for the obstacle course, which is the event I'm the best at.

"Okay. Does each team have the selected participant?" Keri asked. Daniel & I stepped forward and she smiled at us. "Oh, how lovely. The 2 best friends are going against each other. Just a warning, sweetie," she directed towards me. "Daniel might let you win."

"I will not let her win for the 3rd year in a row, mom."

"Dude, you've gone against her & let her win for 3 years?" Maggie asked, to which Daniel shrugged & looked down in embarrassment.

"Out of the 4 years we've been doing this with her, yes. The 1st year, we were on the same team."

"Daniel, you don't have to take it easy on me this year. I want to win fairly, not because you gave up."

"Good luck to the 2 of you."

"Thanks." we both muttered & the course began.

~~~~~~~~~~

"I can't believe tomorrow afternoon is the ceremony." Jack smiled. The entire group was gathered out by the pool. We were having a little party to celebrate the end of the Olympics.

"I can't wait to see who won." Maggie smiled.

"Probably your team because Abby is on it. She's unbeatable." Daniel smiled.

"Yeah probably. Every team she's on has won."

"Dude. That's insane."

"I guess I'm just lucky."

"Incredibly lucky, apparently."

"Corbyn, your girlfriend is a lucky charm."

"She's not my girlfriend!" he corrected from the pool. Everyone just looked at him weirdly. "Come one guys. She's my fiance."

"Oh, right."

"Hey, babe, come join us in here. We want to play some chicken & I need you as my partner." Corbyn called out to me. I put my book down & took off the cover I was wearing. "Okay, Eben. Stop staring."

"Sorry bro. Can't help it." he chuckled. I sat on the edge of the pool & Corbyn swam over to me so I could climb onto his shoulders.

"You're going down, Abby." Daniel smirked from his spot on Jack's shoulders.

"Yeah, we'll see about that."

"Go!"

Daniel & I grabbed onto each other's shoulders & fought. It was the longest game I've ever played and 10 minutes later, Daniel went down. Corbyn helped me off his shoulders & smiled.

"Nice work, love."

"I was only playing to test your luck. You're really lucky during the week of our Olympics. That's awesome." Daniel smiled.

"Dude, she's lucky all the time." Jack laughed.

"That's true. I mean, I was lucky enough to end up with Corbyn."

"I think I'm luckier because I ended up with you. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

"You two are cheesy but you're also super cute." Jack smiled. "I'm so glad everything worked out for you guys."