Epilouge

"Cameron, can you set the table please?".

My husband smiled sweetly at me.

It's been ten years. Ten years since Michael. Ten years since I changed.

I tried to forget. But every time if almost slipped away, those two red eyes reappeared. They didn't want to leave, much to my dismay.

"Kids, tea time!" I called.

The three kids rushed down.

Amelia ,Katherine and Eleanor sat at the table, waiting patiently for their food.

Eleanor was named after Ellie. She stayed by my side for years, but had to move back to England. We still talk.

Katherine was named after Kat. She was the closet thing I had to a best friend. It's amazing when I get to see her. She moved to Adelaide, and we live in Sydney.

Amelia was named after, well, Amelia. She looked like her, and acted like her. It was scary, really.

I slipped into my seat, flashing a smile at Cameron.

I regret ever talking to Michael. If I didn't, none of this would have happened.

Maybe my nightmares wouldn't be haunted by two scarlett iris's.

I don't dream any more.

I watched as my family ate. No hesitations. I hesitated.

I began too eat. Memories flashed thorough my head, of Michael. Of Amelia. Of Kat and Ellie. Before I messed up.

I couldn't do certain things anymore. I couldn't go go roller skating. I couldn't go to the old park. I didn't like being alone.

Michael Clifford changed my life, and not for the better.

As cleaned up after tea, Eleanor helped me. She placed stuff in the dishwasher.

I did most of it. Apart from one thing I still never touched.

The butter knifes.