1. Overworked to death

Back home to you: Chapter 1. Overworked to death

It was early in the morning for Daryl and he was getting ready for work as usual, but recently he had been stressed about his job. His job was 2 hours away,but only when traffic was light. There was almost always horrible traffic on this damned road and he truly hated it and often times his shifts were really long so that meant spending absolutely zero time with his family. His vacation days were 5 days off and they were the best!

Sadly, those times were not enough for him.

He wanted to be home more often,but he couldn't. They were going through hard times and he really wanted to provide for his family and live a better life than he ever could growing up. The remainder of the money was put to save so they would be able to move far away in the near future. He wanted to live in a nicer home in another state.
He sighed and began looking for his socks.

He started to put on his socks quietly as he didn't want to disturb the sleeping figure beside him.

That was short lived when he accidentally knocked over the nightstand clock with his elbow and the object fell with a loud annoying thud. Daryl cringed and closed his eyes, wishing he didn't wake his husband up with that loud noise.

Wish denied.

The man stirred in his sleep and realized Daryl was going to leave for work,again.

"You-you know missing one day isn't going to hurt us badly?" Paul said as he rubbed his eyes, still trying to wake up.
Daryl hadn't even left yet, but Paul already missed him.

"The company doesn't allow it and ya know that,Paul." Daryl said as he started to put on his shoes.
He didn't want to be late, he had to leave right now. The clock kept ticking on him.

"Look, we don't even have to move just yet. Quit your job and you can look for another one... please, you're hardly home, I miss you." Paul said desperately trying to make his husband stay. Paul looked at his husbands face and Daryl had a pained expression, a mixture of sadness and guilt.

"P-Paul ya know I can't do that." Daryl sadly said.

"BULLSHIT! YOU HATE YOUR JOB! WE HAVE ENOUGH MONEY FOR YOU TO BE JOBLESS FOR A WHILE!" Paul exclaimed as he got out of the bed running towards the door to block it off from Daryl.

"I WANT US TO FUCKIN' MOVE AWAY! NOT STAY HERE,DON'T  YA UNDERSTAND THAT!"

"YOU'RE NOT LEAVING THIS HOUSE! OVER MY DEAD BODY DARYL FUCKIN ROVIA!" As Paul protected the door, Daryl kept getting angrier by the second. He was about to be late all thanks to Paul. He walked slowly towards to Paul.

"Paul move. Now." He warned.

"Are you threatening me?" Paul said as he stood his ground ready to fight Daryl off. The long haired man was not going to let Daryl leave today.

"THEY FIRED YOU IN YOUR JOB SO WHY THE HELL WOULD I LEAVE MINE!? ARE YA FUCKING STUPID OR SOMETHING!"

"OH FUCK YOU DARYL, DON'T BOTHER COMING BACK!" Paul yelled as he yanked the door wide open to let Daryl pass through. They never imagined that would be the last time they'd see each other ever again.

The thing is they had known about this "zombie" thing for a short while now, but they didn't think much of it as the news often reported scare tactics to their viewers. Anybody remember killer clowns? Daryl sped to his job and he did a few hours in the office. In his chair the guilt kept building up, he didn't mean to say that to Paul. Paul was very sad when they fired him from his job. He enjoyed his time at the hospital, a real shame that they didn't want Paul working there anymore. Daryl only wanted to provide them a good life and he started to see Paul's view, it was true, he never spent any time home thanks to this job. Sometimes he could be so stupid towards his husband,he sighed contemplating using his phone.