1

"Im late! Im so late!!" I exclaim as I rush out the door of my apartment. I fly down the flights of stairs and finally reach the bottom floor. I run out the doors and start running down the street. Luckily my work is only 2 blocks away so it wouldn't take terribly long to get there. As I walked towards the big building I saw a huge crowd gathered in front waiting for us to open our doors to them. I went through the back employee entrance to avoid everyone swarming in behind me. I turned around to meet a face inches away from mine.

I backed against the door "Oh my goodness! Josh you scared me!" I exclaimed. Josh has been my best friend from childhood. We always tell each other everything and I feel so lucky to have him in my life. He also had the keys to every room in the zoo. He rubbed the back of his head, "Heh, sorry about that! I wanted to make sure that no one was sneaking in to get a peek." "Peek at what? A new exhibit?" I questioned with a puzzled look on my face.

"Actually yes! They found a naga and decided to bring it here!" He said excitedly. "A what?" I said even more confused now. "A naga! Half human half snake? You've never heard of it before?" He said. "No! But that sounds cool! It can't possibly be real right?" I said in disbelief. "Come see for yourself." He said winking at me and dragging me along to the new exhibit. We finally arrived and I was out of breath from running. "Look!" He said with wide eyes. I had my forehead resting against the glass trying to catch my breath.

I slowly lifted my head to see bright golden eyes with slits in the place that the pupil should be. He had a sharp jawline and a few freckles splattered all over his face. He also had messy black hair and he looked straight into my eyes. It almost seemed like he was longing for something. My eyes trailed downward to see his bare chest and a long green snake tail trailing behind him. I was frozen in place staring into his soul piercing eyes. "Whoa..." I let out a breath as I stood there in amazement. "He's never done that with anyone before" Josh said.

"R-really?" I slowly raised my hand to the glass pressing my skin against the cool surface. The naga looked down at my hand and his stone faced expression softened. To my surprise he raised his own had to the glass as well and pressed it right across from mine. He had long sharp claws that looked well taken care of. We both slowly started moving toward the window separating us until both our foreheads were against the glass.

It almost seemed like we were breathing in sync. "Can I go inside and meet him?" I whispered against the glass fogging it up a little. His sharp split tongue snaked out curiously. "I'm not sure that's a good idea.." Josh said hesitantly. "Come on! The zoo doesn't open for another half an hour." I said turning my head toward him. I looked back at the naga. "Fine. Only for you. But be careful."

We walked down to the door of the exhibit. The naga had disappeared when I walked away from our meeting place. "What's his name?" I asked suddenly feeling a lot calmer than I had been before. "Elijah. He's been trying to settle in. He seemed really comfortable around you! I'm surprised, usually he shies away from humans." Said josh still slightly shocked from what he had watched a few seconds ago. "Here it is" He said stopping in front of a large metal door. He took out his keys and unlocked the heavy door. He opened it slightly before looking at me with a worried expression. "Are you sure about this?" He asked his voice shaking a bit. I laughed "Don't worry I'll be fine! I feel a sort of... connection to him." I told him. "Okay... Good luck." He said as I slipped inside.

As I shut the door I turned around to meet a huge forest colored many different shades of green, every one of them vibrant. There was a clear small pond that I assumed he used to drink out of and maybe even groom himself. "Wow.." I said. Right then I heard a low hiss behind me, but it didn't sound threatening. I froze and stiffened but once I realized who it was I let my body relax. He wrapped his long tail around my ankles and came around to meet my gaze. "Hi." I breathed out. He didn't say anything so I assumed he couldn't talk. He gave me a gentle nod in return. The corners of my mouth turned up.

"You are so majestic!" He gave a small smile in return as if to thank me for the compliment. Slowly he slithered closer to me till his nose was inches away from mine. He reached for my hand and calmly I let him guide it towards his face to inspect it. His tongue searched each crevice. I let out a small giggle "That tickles!" I told him. Shockingly he grinned and continued to let his tongue wander my hand. I giggled again. Before I knew it he had pulled me closer to him, and now I was right against his warm body with him smirking down at me. I could feel my face turn red. "W-what are you doing?" I managed to stutter out.

I could feel his gentle hand against the small of my back. I thought I was going to drown in his beautiful eyes. His long tongue gently explored my face with me trying not to giggle. He seemed very comfortable with me in his arms. I gave him a smile to let him know I felt the same way. I let my whole body relax. All of the sudden he started to slither towards the big jungle still holding me tight. I gave a small yelp as he started to climb one of the trees with ease. We climbed higher and higher. I held on to him tightly not wanting to fall. He seemed amused.

Finally we reached a big branch that would be big and strong enough to hold the both of us. He stretched out across the branch leaning his back against the huge trunk of the tree. He gently set me down next to him and his tail coiled up around my waist protectively. Even the simplest touches gave me butterflies. I slowly regained my train of thought and looked around at my surroundings. There was a bit of sunlight peeking through the roof of leaves above us. It was calm and peaceful. I had never felt more safe and comfortable. "This is amazing." I said quietly as not to scare him. I turned to look at him and noticed that he had been staring at me with a loving look in his eyes. He gave me a smile and pulled me closer to him. I could feel my face heat up again.

He was so sweet and gentle. He liked to tease as well though. I don't mind that. Suddenly he smoothly took a hold of my chin and turned me to face him. Our faces were centimeters apart. I could feel his warm breath on my face and I didn't know what he was doing, but I trusted him anyways. I guess he wasn't sure what he was doing either.

**Elijah's P.O.V.**

The moment I saw her all I could think was that she was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. Not that I had seen a lot anyways but I was sure that she was the most gorgeous thing in the world. I had a moment with her at the glass. All I wanted was to be able to touch her. Then she disappeared and entered my home. I was so happy. She let me take her to my special spot. All I wanted was her. No one else could have her. She's precious to me. I don't know what I was doing but I felt the urge to touch her lips. I guided her face towards mine. I let my thumb trace her lips. They were so soft. They looked so... delicious.

**Normal P.O.V.**

I felt his warm hand under my chin. I gazed into his eyes. It felt like he was putting me in a trance, and I doing the same to him. My heart was pounding out of my chest so hard that I swear he could hear it. Slowly, he started inching forward his arms wrapping around me, bringing me closer and closer to him. And just as our lips were about to touch, I heard a familiar voice call out from below.

Elijah's eyes went from dilated to slits again within a matter of seconds. He jerked his head to look in the direction of the sound. I gasped realizing that the zoo would open within minutes. I had to get back so that I could work. "That's Josh! I need to go" I told him and I tried to stand up. I felt his coils tighten around me slightly. I looked back at him. "I promise that I will come see you later. Could you get us down please?" I asked him gently. He hesitated but nodded his head. I smiled "Thank you." I gave him a quick peck on the cheek and I watched as a light shade of red rose to his cheeks.

Once again he held me tightly in his arms and started to lower us down the tree. I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face in his neck letting out a squeak. He smelled so good... Like he just walked- or I guess slithered out of a rainstorm. It was refreshing and comforting. Before I knew it we were back by the entrance. Josh stood there with a stunned look on his face as Elijah put me down. "W-what?! How..?" He stuttered out. Elijah stood defensively in front of me. I put my hand on his shoulder. "Eli don't worry. He's a friend." I told him. He looked back at me with a concerned look on his face. I nodded. He backed down and I walked towards Josh.

===========================

Hi! This is my first book so I hope you like it. I am open to suggestions! Enjoy! <3