2

"He is very protective and territorial so make slow movements." I quietly told him. "You got that from spending ten minutes with him?" Josh said looking very confused. I nodded, "I observed him very... close." I said. He slowly nodded and took ahold of my arm. "We should go. The zoo should be opening soon." He said while slowly backing towards the big metal door. "Alright. Just one second." I told him and walked back over to Eli. "I promise I will be back later ok? Now be good and don't be scared by all the people" He put a hand on my cheek and I leaned into his touch. A sound came from him that almost sounded like purring. I smiled and a blush creeped up to my face. I leaned in and pressed my lips to his cheek. He smiled and pulled me into a loving hug. I was surprised at first but was brought back to my senses and hugged him back. I felt so safe in his arms. There was no other feeling in the world that could compare to this. Too soon we pulled away and I was drug out the door with a smile on my face. "Wow..." I said. Josh looked at me with a huge grin on his face. "What?" I asked looking puzzled. "You know his current caretaker can't really get him to open up, but within minutes he was embracing you. So.. would you like to be his new caretaker?" I looked at him trying to process the situation. My face lit up once I realized that he was basically asking me to spend more time with Eli. "Yes! I would love to!" I exclaimed tackling him in a hug.

    Josh smiled at me. "Great! He will probably need some comfort since all the the new people might overwhelm him." He said. "Well I'm glad that he is comfortable around me. I hope I can help him cope." I told him. He smiled at me again and went to go do something. I heard a loud noise and realized that the zoo must have opened. I went around to check on all the animals to make sure they were alright. There were so many people around Eli's exhibit. I couldn't imagine how stressful that would be.

**Time Skip**

    It was finally the end of the day and it had been hard because it was so crowded. I decided to go back to my favorite exhibit to relax. Of course that was Eli's. I walked toward the big glass case that was still new to me. With a bit of struggle I managed to open the heavy door. Closing it behind me I looked around searching for Elijah but to no avail. I let out a small sigh and lowered myself onto the soft grass next to the pool of water. Gently I dipped my hand into the cool water. I closed my eyes and focused on how the water felt running between my fingers.

That's when I heard that gentle hiss to the left of me I opened my eyes and met those beautiful bright golden orbs. A smile spread across my face and I sat up quickly. "Hello again" I said. A smile then planted on his own face. Looking into his enchanting eyes made me feel so safe and calm. He then dropped to the ground next to me coming close to me. I looked down as I felt his scaled tail wrap around my legs snaking up to my waist. I felt the heat rise to my face as he pulled me close to him. I rested my head on his chest and let out a content sigh. He enveloped me in his arms and started to gently run his hands through me hair. I didn't ever want this moment to end.

**Elijah's P.O.V.**

    As I held this precious being in my arms I felt so happy. I had been longing for her all day. There were many obnoxious humans who would pound on the glass or scream every few minutes. It was so irritating. All I wanted was her. She was the only thing I needed. And now I had her back with me. I didn't want to let her go ever again. She was precious and she was mine. I leaned down to press a kiss to her forehead. I so badly wanted to take her, but I would wait as long as I needed.

**Normal P.O.V.**

    After laying comfortably for a while and listening to his "purring" I felt his hand tracing the features of my face. A smile graced my lips. His gentle fingers traveled down my temple to my cheekbone, and trailed down to my jaw, then moving down my nose and slowing down once reaching my cupids bow. He outlined my plump lips before grasping my chin and turning my head towards him. I opened my eyes and gazed into his piercing orbs. He slowly started inching closer to my face never taking his eyes off my lips. I began to do the same until suddenly there was no longer a gap between us. Our lips moved in sync like this was meant to be. This felt so right. The butterflies in my stomach were going crazy. I raised my hands to tangle in his soft hair. He drew me closer to him his tail the only thing supporting me as he leaned over my weak body. All too soon it ended and we broke apart. I looked up at him with what felt like the biggest smile ever. He smiled down lovingly at me.