6

As I delight in this feeling I feel the cool scales beneath me shift. I sit up and intently stare down at Eli with anticipation. He blinks a couple times as his eyes adjust to the light. He finally makes out the area in front of him and glances around. As he spots me I see his expression change to joy and surprise. I smile at him. "Well good morning my knight in shining armor!" I say pleasantly. He lurches forward capturing me in his arms as he lets out a hiss of joy. I giggle as he hugs me tightly. I quickly bring my arms to his neck and hug him back. I let out a content sigh and wish this moment could last forever. He pulls back so that he can look me in the eye but still keeps me at arms length. A big grin grows on his face. I melt at the sight of his beautiful golden eyes and lean towards him subconsciously. He puts his forehead against mine and closes his eyes in bliss. I feel my cheeks warm at the close proximity. I still can't believe that even after spending a good amount of time with him I still get flustered when he's around. He opens his eyes and gazes lovingly into mine. He brings his hands to either side of my face and pulls me even closer until our lips touch. I melt even further into his arms as the feeling of his lips on mine linger. They are still just as soft as I remember and I forgot him much I missed his kiss. I pulled away but not too far so I could stay in his arms. He brought one hand to the small of my back as he gently stroked my cheek. "L-love.." he struggled to force the word out. I froze in shock. I smiled bigger than ever before to the point that my cheeks were sore. Tears welled up in my eyes and I let out a sob of glee as I raised my hand to my mouth. He reacted with a look of worry and guilt thinking that he had done something wrong. I heard the hiss that emitted from him and knew it was one of panic. I removed my hand from my mouth and smashed my lips against his in hopes of changing his reaction. When I pulled away I saw the tears that I had left on his cheeks, but noticed that his pained look had morphed in to one of joy. "I love you too!" I managed to choke out through the tears. He brushed my salty tears from my eyes and placed a gentle kiss on each of my cheeks. I hugged him tight and dig my fingers into his soft hair. I couldn't believe that he had just spoken. I whispered into his ear and asked, "You've been watching and listening haven't you?" I felt him nod his head and hiss once again. "Good job Eli." I told him. He squeezed me tighter and nuzzled his face into my hair and neck.

————————————————————————
     Thank you all so much for reading! If you enjoy this story let me know and if you don't mind, give me a follow! Let me know what you want to see next. Sorry for the short chapters lately! I can't decide if I want to upload and shorter chapter every day or take a few more days to write a longer chapter to release. Please tell me what you guys would prefer. Have a wonderful day! Thanks loves. <3