4

I woke up to feel the cold ground below me. As I came to I looked around sleepily to feel no one next to me. I shot up and started panicking. I quickly scanned the room and finally found Josh sleeping in an office chair. I let out a sigh of relief. I walked over to him and gently rubbed his shoulder. "Josh, wake up sleepyhead." I whispered. Without opening his eyes he mumbles "Five more minutes. You should sleep too." He then grabbed my arm and pulled me into his lap and covered my eyes. I giggled and removed his hands from my face. 

  "Come on you!" Still holding his hand I pulled him out of the chair and he leaned heavily on me. I squealed and moved away letting him fall. He caught himself on the desk in front of him and I started laughing hysterically. Josh glared at me. "Hey!" He exclaimed. My eyes widened as he launched at me and started playfully tickling me. "No fair!" I screamed. He smiled and just strangled me in a hug. "Need.. to... BREATHE!" I gasped. He let me go but held me at arms length. "Okay. Serious now. Are you alright?" I looked at the ground and answered "I-I don't know. Honestly I'm still a little shaken up." He had a sad and worried look in his eyes. "Where's Elijah?" I asked him. "Well... uh, you see.." He stuttered out. "He um.."

    He sighed and looked straight at me. "He's in captivity right now. He is a danger to others." I was speechless. "B-but he saved me! He's not a d-danger!" I exclaimed. "Hey, hey, hey! Calm down. Don't worry he's not hurt. My breath was shaky and shallow. I could feel the cool sweat on my face. I wrapped my arms around myself to stop my body from trembling so much. Tears started to escape my eyes. How could I care so much about this animal... no. This person that can't even talk? I looked up a Josh after staring mindlessly at the ground for a bit. Worry was planted on his face "It'll be ok." He calmly soothed me. All I wanted to do was curl up in Eli's arms and fall asleep peacefully. I knew that I didn't have very much energy at the moment. A black mist slowly came into view and clouded my vision. My head felt light and I lost my breath. I collapsed to my knees. I could hear the muffled far off voice of a frightened Josh. Soon enough nothing was real anymore and I passed out.

----------------------------------

Sorry for not uploading lately! I've been super busy and this is a shorter chapter but I'm going to try to upload more often. Thank you for your patience! I'm still happy to consider and suggestions.