The explanation.

*Tv buzzes,before a woman shows up. It was the news channel

"More and more people are being taken by demons,as it so seems,and less are being taken by gods. Recently,there was a struggle with the demon known to us only as 'The spade king'. He seems to have taken a young child,by the name of Kris. Research has shown,that since the Kings trait is HATE,Kris isn't likely to survive.
In the latest research it has been shown that the only traits had by demons,which would allow the people to survive are DETERMINATION, BRAVERY, JUSTICE, KINDNESS, PERSEVERANCE and INTEGRITY. So that's any trait that a human is able to have. All other traits will cause your soul to be unstable and possibly shatter itself. So during these hard times,please- stay inside and-"
I sigh,program off. Listening to this was already pretty damn depressing. It wasn't new though. This all was stressful. Kris was my friend,I went to school with him-so that added salt to the wound.
What was interesting though,that I recently found out was that in contrast to humans having six general soul traits, demons have somewhere over 56 I think it was? Gods have around thirty.
All gods can save people,but if a monster who's trait corresponds with the human they want to claim,they make become a vessel which would allow the demons to take over their body. If it's the exact same,they can become a puppet. Absolutely hollow,with no personality left,only to do their masters bidding.
If it was a trait,like HATE then...
I don't know what happens. All I know is that you freak out,and become less of yourself.

I stood up,sighing before quietly walking to the kitchen to make myself food.
When is some damned god going to save me? The anxiety alone is killing me. I opened the fridge,looking through it briefly before taking out a bowl of macaroni I didn't finish this morning. I took it out,and started grating cheese,hating the loud silence in my head.
God,Toriel is going to be distraught when she finds out! What if she found out already?
I decided to take out my phone. One bar as always. I sighed at the problematic connection,before trying to call Toriel. Didn't go well,but she eventually picked up.
"Hey,Tori.. Have you heard...?"
"Yes... Of course I have."
"Need me to come over?"
"I mustn't lie,I'd appreciate that..."
"Be over in ten,Mom." She insisted at one point that I call her mom,since mine disappeared two years ago. I supposed that was good. I was twenty one though,so I suppose I am of legal age to live alone. I don't drink though,can't risk anything as I'm filled with anxiety without drinking.
The idea of any stupidity I may commit while drunk is terrifying. I put the Mac and cheese into the over,and waited for the annoying sound of-
Beep.

There it was. I took it out,and took a fork with me,as I left the house,accidentally leaving the fridge open.
I went through one of the tunnels made especially to hide people from the demons above.
Hm. That sounds strange. There are three worlds. Three planets. One of which belongs to demons. We hated them enough not to give it a name. We just called it the 'world of demons' or something like that.
Their planet was to one side of us,opposite of Mestained. You know,the gods planet?
Yeah,that. I turned the corner and knocked on Toriels door,who could be heard slowly approaching the door.