04. interview

"follow me."

changbin kept quiet and followed the woman who was next to the audition door.

inside his mind, he was scared.

with his shoulder stiffed and hands tightened together, he proceeded to walk behind her.

as she was leading the way, changbin thought about his dad.

he loved his dad, he was noble, kind, encouraging and someone whom he looked up to.

unfortunately, his dad was involved in an accident, resulting it as his death, 4 years ago.

the one thing he would never forget were his dad's last words.

'be strong and be happy.'

at the funeral, he didn't cry.

his heart was filled with sorrow that he wanted to cry it out but he didn't because of what his dad had said.

throughout the rest of the years until now, nobody had ever seen him cry.

they didn't know the reason behind it but they did know he had changed.

changbin didn't realise that they were already there when he heard the woman said in a low voice, "we're here."

he immediately snapped back into reality and nodded while smiling.

before she turned the other way to leave since she had already done her job, he politely bowed down and thanked her.

when he stood back up, he saw that she was doing the same thing as him.

"good luck," patting his shoulder softly, she gave him a quick, soft smile and left.

the older turned around to the door where behind it, was the real thing. he took a deep breath.

"you can do this changbin, hwaiting!" he quietly whispered to himself.

just the thought of sitting in front of the interviewer, scared him but he didn't hesitate to open the door.

the door sprung open revealing a man and a lady on one side of the couch; there was a table in the middle with a tea set and another couch on the other side which was empty.

they saw changbin entering the room and got up to greet him.

he greeted back.

"please sit down." the man suggested as he did.

the lady was holding a clipboard with god knows how many papers that were being clipped.

but he assumed that they were his qualification papers.

changbin watched as she was flipping through the papers.

it soon ended when she leaned over to the man and whispered something in his ears.

he wanted to know what she was whispering about but he remained silent until he was informed with something.

the man nodded and faced changbin, smiling.

"okay, you're number 1205 right? just making sure." changbin looked at his number one more time to confirm and nodded.

he proceeded to talk.

"this lady here is going to interview you, is that alright?" he didn't hesitate to answer. "tea?" the man gesturing to the tea set. changbin politely replied, "yes please." 

he didn't know why but he immediately sat up straight.

as the man was pouring out the tea onto the cup, changbin looked over to the woman who was going to interview him.