Chapter 5: Sweet Creature

That picture of Harry almost killed me.

That's the garden they are in

That's the garden they are in. Strap yourself in for a sappy chapter.
*************************************

Diana couldn't wrap her head around it. This prince goes around ordering monarchs apparently. Not only that but she had somehow agreed to this ridiculous breakfast-well-brunch thing.

If she was being honest with herself, she just wanted out of that room even if it meant dealing with entitled assholes.

Besides, she had to admit she was sort of curious.

He was waiting for her in the secluded par t of the garden, with a table filled with pastries in front of him. It seems our prince has a sweet tooth.

He got up as soon as he saw her, dipping into a deep bow.

'My Queen, I hope I'm not imposing. I wasn't aware of your schedule for the day.' His voice was like the smoothest gravel she had ever heard.

She didn't say anything,instead choosing to take a seat and let that be the answer.

'I hope your living quarters are to your liking?'

'Of course, I'm perfectly comfortable' She couldn't help marvelling at his voice every time he spoke.

They sat in an uneasy silence, no one wanting to bring up the elephant in the room first.

'Your father mentioned your love for flowers so I thought this an appropriate setting to talk. I'm sure you miss him dearly and wish he could be a part of this.'

She hated flowers. Except for the extremely rare blue ones. And her father not being here was the only good thing in this situation. Diana wondered how to broach the subject. She had been warned to not offend the prince but she didn't feel right about leading him on.

'I must confess, I have been completely left in the dark about your communication with my father. Being so young, I'm afraid adjusting to leadership has been utterly consuming. I don't think I could take on the pressure of forming alliances just now.' she kept her tone gentle and crossed her fingers, hoping he took the news well.

'That's understandable your highness. How about we just take it easy and get to know each other? I'm sort of stuck here for a few weeks. Your advisors seem to be unwilling to let go.'

Diana couldn't stop herself from cursing out her advisors under her breath.

Her face turned red at the thought of him hearing her.

The prince chuckled.

' apologies for the administrative difficulties my queen'

Diana couldn't make her self concentrate on his words. His dimples were distracting to say the least.

'How about we go for a walk? You don't seem very interested in the pastries.'

His question made her snap back to attention. She realised she had been staring at his face.

She fumbled over her agreement, adjusting her dress as she stood up.

As they walked down the brick pavement, her mind raced, trying to find a suitable conversation topic. The girl who always seemed to have a witty response seemed to now be at a lose for words.

'Is something on your mind? I was afraid of catching you at a difficult time. I understand dealing with court can be a headache'

'Do you have any political ambitions my prince? Your older siblings have quite the ambitious reputation.'

They both knew what she was talking about. Word of his siblings usurping any country with a weak monarchy was spreading like wildfire.

He looked at her with a strange look on his face.

'I have never been really interested in ruling or administrating myself I'm afraid. Being the youngest child, I have always been left to my own devices. Free to do what I wanted.'

'And what do you want my prince?'

'It's Harry, and I guess I've always loved anything that seemed unroyal like.'

'Well Harry, you might want to get as far away from royal duties as you possibly can but I'm afraid I have a date with your worst nightmare. I have go attend a meeting with my advisors now but I hope to see you again.'

'I think we both know you always get what you want' and with that he strode off, leaving her with a whirlwind of thoughts.

He seemed so strange to Diana. Everything about him conflicted each other.

She couldn't wait to dig deeper into his story. He seemed way too calm about her unwillingness to marry and a bit too close with her advisors.

But then again nothing ever is what it seems around here.

************************************
A/N
Let me know what you think about this chapter and what you think is gonna happen next💙💙
Also sorry for any mistakes,I wrote this in the middle of the night.